The Manhattan Reproductive Surgery Center is a fully licensed Ambulatory Surgery Center located in lower Manhattan, minutes from the World Trade Center. Specializing in gynecology and fertility, we are seeking high energy and dedicated nurses with the ability to provide exceptional, and personalized care, in a fast-paced dynamic environment. Our goal is to find innovative and dedicated professionals to join our expert surgical/fertility team.
Operative procedures include a wide range of gynecological surgeries such as, but not limited to: Laparoscopies, Hysteroscopies, Dilation and Curettages, Laparoscopic Myomectomies, as well as In-vitro Fertilization Procedures, such as egg retrievals and embryo transfers.
· Provide compassionate and emotional support to patient throughout their surgical experience
· Ensures provision of patient care daily in an organized and timely manner
· Maintain communication between front desk staff and O.R. staff to assure efficient flow of patients
· Applies principles and practices of asepsis; performs surgical scrub, gowning, and gloving procedure
· Sets up sterile instrument table and prepares supplies according to type of operation. Assists draping of patient and operative area according to need
· Assist Scrub Technicians with opening supplies for cases as well as assisting with surgical preparation
· Assist in providing any additional instruments and/or supplies as requested during operation
· Involved in postoperative functions admits/transfers patients to the PACU; closely observe and monitor post-op patients; taking patient’s vital signs; assess condition of patient from admission to discharge and properly documenting on PACU record.
· Provide post-op instructions to patient prior to discharge from the unit.
· Maintaining Logs (Refrigerator temperatures, Crash Cart, Surgery, Narcotics, Specimen, etc.…)
· License: Current New York Registered Nurse license.
· ACLS/BLS certification
· Graduate from an accredited school of nursing required.
· Minimum of associate degree in Nursing.
Job Types: Per Diem and Full Time
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary
Salary: $45.00 to $55.00 /hour
- BLS (Required)
- Registered Nurse (RN) (Required)
- Store Discounts
- Other forms
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
Relocation Assistance Provided:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction