Alliance Française de Westchester, a not-for-profit cultural center promoting the French language and Francophone cultures, located in the heart of White Plains, offering French classes for all ages and levels is looking for a part-time Receptionist. The position is expected to commence no later than November 26th, 2018.
- Welcome and Communication: Front-desk reception; answering the phone and providing information about membership, programs, class offering and events; answering emails; providing solutions for problems encountered by members and students; maintaining contact databases.
- Cultural Program Support: Assisting with cultural and social activities; answering questions about events; assisting with event outreach; processing event registrations; attending events to provide support.
- Administrative Support: Oversight of day-to-day tasks; answering emails and responding to phone messages; processing class registrations; taking payments; ordering supplies; purchasing equipment; troubleshooting technical issues; running errands; maintaining the premises; maintain self-service library.
Requirements and Skills:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills and initiative
- Ability to multitask
- Basic-level proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel required
- English proficiency required and a mid-level (B1) or higher proficiency in French preferred
Hours and Compensation:
30 hours per week:
- Mondays 9am-1pm, then 1.30pm - 8.30pm
- Tuesdays 9am-1pm, then 1.30pm - 8.30pm
- Saturdays 8am-1pm, then 1.30pm - 4.30pm
Hourly rate: $15/hour.
How to Apply: Send resume in English, a list of three references (phones + emails included).
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15.00 /hour
- Receptionist: 3 years (Preferred)
- French, English and Spanish (Preferred)