The Director of Athletics Creative Media & Communications is a vital member of our media relations staff, reporting to the Assistant Athletic Director for Athletics Media Relations. Qualified candidates should have a versatile set of technical, creative, digital, and communications skills and will assist in promoting our 22 NCAA Division II athletic programs, creating creative content, website management, and game-day media relations operations.
This position informs external and internal entities of newsworthy matters concerning intercollegiate sports at Gannon University; video production; creative new media content; conceives, writes, edits, and designs all collateral material required to successfully promote assigned athletic teams; manages pregame, gameday, and post-competition media, compiling and posting statistics, and event staffing; and works to ensure compliance with NCAA, PSAC, and Title IX requirements relative to athletic communications. Must be able to support and promote the University’s Mission.
1. Assists in the day-to-day operation of the Athletics Media Relations Office.
2. Have a strong working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, InDesign, etc., to design graphics and creative content.
3. Assists in managing department social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube), including graphics and video content production.
4. Produces gameday programs and other creative printed promotional materials as required.
5. Have streaming and broadcast operations experience. i.e. Blue Frame/Production Truck/Scorebot.
6. Maintains and updates the Intercollegiate Athletics Website (www.gannonsports.com).
7. Serves as the primary contact for a selected number of Gannon intercollegiate athletic programs each season.
8. Fulfills requests from members of the local and national sports media.
9. Compiles, updates, and maintains team statistics for selected sports.
10. Works closely with athletic personnel to run in-game management at all home events.
11. Reports statistics, results, etc., to Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference (PSAC), NCAA, and other entities.
12. Knows, understands, and complies with NCAA rules and regulations.
13. Performs other duties as assigned within the scope, responsibility, and job requirements.