Compliance Manager – Austin, TX
Main Street Renewal is a private company focused on buying, renovating, and leasing across the country. We are very passionate about what we do. We care for each other, our partners, and our customers, fostering a culture of transparency, trust, and empowerment. We are determined to work smarter, utilizing great tools and technology to create an excellent experience for our residents. We are also driven to work harder and do what it takes to create exceptional outcomes. Our goal is to provide our residents a great house, easy lease experience, and attentive service so they can create a home they love.
A day in the life of our Compliance Manager
The Compliance Manager is responsible for ensuring the company is being run legally and ethically adhering to applicable legal standards and in-house policies. The Compliance Manager will be responsible for enforcing regulations in all aspects of the business and providing guidance generally on compliance matters.The Compliance Manager provides oversight to other members of the Compliance Department and reports directly to the Chief Compliance Officer.
- Oversee the general functions of the MSR Compliance Department
- Collaborate with senior management and other interested functions on identification of key risk areas for the company and implementation of control procedures
- Assist with developing, updating, and implementing policies and procedures, as required
- Develop and support compliance-focused trainings and other materials for internal teams and departments
- Support management of compliance concerns and assist with investigations and resolution as appropriate
- Foster strong partnerships with other support functions whose teams execute required compliance program components
- Keep abreast of regulatory developments within or outside of the company as well as evolving best practices in compliance control
- Prepare reports for senior management and external regulatory bodies as appropriate
What's in it for you?
- Collaborative team environment and the tools needed to be successful in your job
- Exceptional onboarding experience (we want you to succeed in your new role)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision (Pick the plan that works best for you and the family)
- 401K with employer match (We just keep on giving)
- Employee referral program (Get paid for referring your friends)
- Casual dress code environment (Enough Said)
What you’ll need to have
- BA/BS in law, finance, business administration or related field (certified compliance professional is a plus)
- 3+ years relevant experience in a compliance function/role
- 2+ years management experience
- Strong interpersonal, written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple projects at once; detail-oriented
- Ability to develop and implement policies and procedures and facilitate changes
- Experience researching federal, state, and local laws; excellent research and analytical skills and ability to analyze complex regulatory issues
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office particularly with Excel
- Experience with any or all of the following ideal/preferred:
- Knowledge of general OSHA safety practices
- Insurance claim filing, tracking, and correspondence
- Knowledge of Real Estate License Registrations and Renewals
- HUD and Fair Housing rules
Just a few other things you should know
- Please note, this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
- No travel is anticipated for this position
Job Type: Full-time
- management: 2 years
- Property Management: 1 year
- Fair Housing: 1 year
- OSHA: 1 year