Food Production at it's finest! We are on the leading edge of snack food innovation right here in the Mid-West and have a key role to fill. Our company offers a very competitive compensation package, including medical, dental, vision, short/long-term disability, ESPP and 401k.
Come grOW with us.
Evaluate manufacturing process by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
Research and develop ideas and processes for new products, improve the performance and design of existing products and oversee production and packaging of final products.
- Provide process engineering and equipment layout, integration, and specification services for projects which include comparative analysis, technical evaluations and executive summary for senior management
- Determine design requirements
- Determine manufacturing requirements
- Develop manufacturing process
- Responsible for evaluating the new product to determine if it is safe, attractive and functional
- Conduct tests and analyze data generated from builds and lab experiments
- Analyze and plan for installation of equipment and related activities
Implement and manage engineering projects consistent with the Company's direction that control and improve processes:
- Adherence to SOPs
- Coordinate with Maintenance Manager on maintenance projects
- Utilization of CMMS to optimize asset utilization through scheduled preventative maintenance
- Other assignments as assigned
Continuously take independent action, perform daily analysis, and provide corrective action recommendations to:
- Manufacturing performance
- Operating budget
- Yield and efficiency
Collaborate with plant management and corporate staff to utilize equipment to improve employee safety, production quality, equipment reliability and overall equipment effectiveness utilizing continuous improvement techniques.
- Develop and implement solutions for process improvement
- Oversee the process and controls engineering and design
- Design, specify and commission capital projects which deliver project scope, on-time and on budget, meeting agreed to stakeholder expectations
- Contractor scope development, management of contractors and inspection of project to ensure adherence to company standards for safety, quality and practices
- Vendor equipment investigation, selection, price negotiation, coordination, and procurement efforts related to projects
- Remain current with the latest and emerging industry regulations and codes relative to mechanical and electrical system design and operation.
- Communicate with Safety Committee and Safety Manager regarding OSHA compliance, safety work orders and review of job hazard analysis.
- Maintain strong interdepartmental communication that facilitates goals.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Ability to handle several projects and tasks independently.
- Interpersonal communication and ability to clarify complex processes and procedures to staff, customers, and auditors.
- Proficient computer skills in Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Passion and alignment with Company mission, vision, values, and operating principles.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or related field or at least five years of prior experience in Engineering for consumer product manufacturer.
- Knowledge in AutoCad and PLC systems.
- Demonstrated experience working with contract manufacturers, suppliers, and distributors
- Experience in Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Strong understanding of electrical, mechanical and design engineering concepts.
Outstanding Benefits Include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Short and Long term disability insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Job Type: Full-time
- Manufacturing Engineering: 3 years (Preferred)
- Engineering: 3 years (Required)