Are you an engineer looking for stability and the potential for massive growth within the company? ASX is now accepting applications for a full-time position of Applications Engineer. This position will be expected to provide CAD support to senior staff and manage projects through completion. The Applications Engineer will lead our sales initiatives while strengthening customer relations for future projects.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Learn about composite armor manufacturing.
- Prepare costing, including but not limited to raw materials, labor, utilities, operating supplies and freight.
- Respond to all inquiries before deadlines.
- Commercial support to sales and customers.
- Organize data for review by management.
- Evaluate cost and establish templates to facilitate proposal development process.
- Field client inquiries.
- Interact with other departments as needed to support the manufacturing process and assure on-time delivery of orders.
- Analytical with excellent problem-solving skills, great communicator.
- Inventory control.
- Give status reports on production timelines, changes, and additions to all affected parties.
- Assist in compiling and updating job cost records.
- Meet all federal, state and local regulations.
- Special projects and additional duties assigned as required
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering
- PC proficiency (MS Office and CAD at a minimum)
- Responsive to customer’s needs
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines as required
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Some travel may be necessary for big projects.
- Commercial client experience.
- 1-2 years of manufacturing or maintenance experience.
Job Type: Full-time