Thornburg Investment Management is a privately owned global investment firm offering a range of solutions for investors around the world. Founded in 1982 and headquartered in Santa Fe, NM, we manage U.S. mutual funds, separate accounts for high-net-worth investors and institutional accounts, and UCITS funds for non-U.S. investors.
At Thornburg, it’s more than what we do; it’s how we do it. A flexible perspective built on collaboration and cross-pollination of ideas, an unconventional approach to portfolio construction, and a reputation of integrity are important aspects of how we do business. Far from the groupthink of Wall Street, Thornburg is positioned to offer a different point of view and a broader frame of reference in our global search for relative value opportunities.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTION:
We are looking for a self-motivated, responsible and intelligent Equity Research Analyst to join our growing team. The role will engage across many functions of the firm, therefore strong interpersonal skills in a team-oriented environment is a must. The ideal and successful candidate will also have superior analytical skills, is extremely organized and a creative writer who prides themselves on thoughtful and clear communication.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE AND FORMAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Analyze equity securities for investment purposes. Create and maintain financial models on individual companies leveraging skills in accounting, finance and economics.
- Monitor individual securities daily. Interpret developments that may impact share price performance on a longer-term basis such as macro-economic news and company-specific developments.
- Serve in a global generalist capacity, whereby coverage responsibilities span geographies and industries.
- Be a resource to colleagues seeking current information on investment opportunities, including data and analysis, comparisons, and the opinions of the research team
- Based in Santa Fe, NM, with regular travel
- 5+ years of buyside experience with financial markets required; 4+ years as an investor preferred
- Demonstrated track record of academic and professional achievement; MBA and/or CFA preferred
- Experience investing in Emerging Markets, ideally covering multiple industries
- Extensive financial modeling skills and experience in Excel and Bloomberg
- Ability to work effectively both independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- A natural curiosity and passion for investing combined with strong analytical skills, a superior work ethic and uncompromising integrity
- Independent and flexible thought process with consistent results
- Exceptional business-model acumen and fluency with the ability to think in both business models vs. excel models
- Committed to continuous development both individually and for the team
Santa Fe is the capital of New Mexico. Founded in 1610 and nicknamed “The City Different,” Santa Fe captures hearts and minds with its museums, restaurants, theater, opera, and adobe-style architecture. With an average of over 300 sunny days per year and picturesque landscape, it’s no wonder that outdoor activities such as skiing and hiking in “The Land of Enchantment” attract visitors from around the world.
Thornburg believes that diversity and inclusivity are vital to positive long-term success for our strategies and the firm’s broader business outcomes. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status. The firm provides annual progress reports to the investment management team, shareholders, and executive management to highlight multiple diversity and inclusivity metrics and continually work to bring awareness to the importance of this issue.