Membership Greeter - Temporary
Ray and Joan Kroc Corps Community Center (Kroc Center Hawaii)
Member Services Manager
Part Time, On Call-Temporary, Hourly
The Salvation Army is a branch of the Christian Church, and the ultimate goal of all programs is a spiritual, emotional and physical regeneration of all people.
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
KROC CENTER HAWAII VISION:
Kroc Center Hawaii is a community center where families, individuals and relationships thrive in the name of Jesus.
The Membership Greeter is responsible for providing exceptional customer service experiences by welcoming our members/guests upon entering and thanking them upon exiting. The Membership Greeter will be responsible for ensuring that all members and guests scans in upon entering facility.
The Membership Greeter will have a deep commitment to the mission of The Salvation Army, which will be evident in his or her professional life and the manner in which he or she represents The Salvation Army Ray and Joan Kroc Corps Community Center in the community.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Must have a friendly and energetic personality.
2. Must be able to approach a member/guest in a non-confrontational way.
3. Must have excellent customer service skills with the ability to maintain a non-judgmental attitude in working with guests, members and staff.
4. Must be at least 18 years old.
Any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities will be accepted.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Customer service experience preferred.
1. Greet members and guests as they enter Kroc Center Hawaii and ensure that members and guests feel welcomed and have a positive experience. For example, smile, make eye contact, use member’s or guest’s name whenever possible, ensures questions are answered.
2. Monitor and verify access of members and guests into the appropriate areas; ensure that there is no misuse or abuse of identification cards.
3. Maintains the orderliness and cleanliness of the membership lobby, front desk, and makes sure public areas are safe, clean and neatly arranged at all times.
4. Follow and ensure adherence to The Salvation Army Policies and Procedures.
5. Maintain the Code of Ethics policy, which has been established for the Kroc Center Hawaii.
6. Maintain regular and punctual work attendance. Available to work a flexible schedule that includes working on weekends, holidays, and evenings.
7. Perform other duties as assigned.
8. Resolve conflicts in a timely and professional manner by working with the Front Desk Team and member/guest.
9. Conduct basic RMS queries on the POS system should a Front Desk Attendant not be available to respond in a timely manner.
1. Able to work in a fast-paced environment and maintain poise under pressure.
2. Is self-motivated, energetic, enthusiastic, motivational, and able to maintain a self-directed schedule
3. Genuine interest and commitment to providing quality service.
4. Respond to crisis situations in a calm and effective manner and remain calm when resolving problems using good judgment.
5. Must possess the self-discipline necessary to perform repetitive tasks without lowering quality of work.
6. Able to work with limited supervision, and work in a team setting with other professionals.
7. Exercise good judgment and comfortable taking initiative with projects.
The position requires stooping, kneeling, bending, stretching, crouching and/or crawling; standing; walking; manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination; use of vision; pushing/pulling/lifting/carrying 25-50 pounds and occasionally more than 50 pounds. This employee may also be required to work weekends, holidays and evenings.
The position requires talking to co-workers, members/guests and vendors.
The position requires the ability to interact with co-workers and the public in a positive professional manner in conformity with The Salvation Army Mission Statement. The position also requires the ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds and circumstances.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Most work will be indoors at the Kroc Center Hawaii Front Desk in Ewa Beach.
Uniforms is required; such as wearing Kroc Center Hawaii apparel.
The candidate chosen for this position will be required to pass a criminal history information check. Conviction of a crime will not automatically preclude employment. The circumstances involved in the conviction(s) will be considered.
The information in this job description indicates the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this classification. It is not to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory, or all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job. Management has the right to add to, revise, or delete information in this description. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. Employee will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by management.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship.
- Interested parties must apply online at http://www.kroccenterhawaii.org/careers.html
Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.