Store Associate, Seasonal (temporary)—starting rate of $13.25/hr.
+ Plus opportunity to earn a Summer Seasonal Bonus:
- Earn an additional $2 per hour for each hour worked from June 30th through August 24th
- Must be actively employed, assigned to and working in one of our Cape Cod seasonal locations and in good standing through September 1st to qualify
- Bonuses will be issued in first regularly scheduled pay check in September
- Receive a 30% discount on CVS brand merchandise and a 20% discount on all other eligible merchandise.
To ensure customer satisfaction by handling each customer with the eye’s, hi’s and help. To ensure each customer has a positive shopping experience and to remember that the customers the top priority. This is a seasonal position staffing our stores for the summer season for an average of 4- 6 months.All employees receive a 30%discount on CVS brand merchandise and a 20%discount on all other eligible merchandise
- Providing differentiated customer service by anticipating customer needs, demonstrating compassion and care in all interactions, and actively identifying and resolving potential service issues
- Focusing on the customer by giving a warm and friendly greeting, maintaining eye contact and offering help locating additional items, when needed
- Accurately operating a cash register - handling cash, checks and credit card transactions with precision while following company policies and procedures
- Maintaining the sales floor by restocking shelves, checking in vendors, updating pricing information and completing inventory management tasks as directed by store manager
- Supporting opening and closing store activities, when needed
- Providing customer support to all departments, including photo and beauty, ensuring departments are fully stocked and operational while remaining current with all updated services and tools
- Assisting pharmacy personnel when needed, including working regular shifts in the pharmacy as part of opportunities for growth and career development
- Embracing and advocating for new CVS services and loyalty programs that support our purpose of helping people on their path to better health
Ability to complete the following tasks:
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Operate a cash register including cash transactions, checks, and charges
- Follow company policies and procedures regarding cash register performance Request additional help when needed to increase customer satisfaction
- Greet each customer using the eye’s, hi’s and help at all times and assist customers with their questions, problems and complaints
- Price merchandise utilizing price guns
- Store cleanliness: break area and rest rooms; vacuum; dust/face; clean windows; rubbish removal; exterior maintenance; sweeping
- Stock shelves complete price changes: document counts, utilize price guns
- Answer the telephone using the appropriate greeting
- Process photofinishing orders
- Maintain check-out area: fill register supplies, bags; wipe counter tops Issue rainchecks when requested
- React to potential shoplifters following company guidelines
- Maintain customer/patient confidentiality
- Maintain card department: order, stock, inventory, signing
- Maintain cosmetic department/units: clean, stock, set displays, sign, prepare returns (UPP system) Reset departments/end caps following POGs
- Display and sign weekly, promotional and seasonal merchandise
- Prepare damages: document counts and item numbers, seal trays In-store signing, including: shelves, displays, dump baskets, windows, and ceiling
- Assist Pharmacy personnel when needed complete minor in-store repairs i.e., carriage poles, change light bulbs
- Work out reserve stock
- Assist customers with large purchases (taking out to vehicle) Unload and load trays/cases - 35 pound maximum to a height of 4 feet
- Move trays/cases from one location to another
Previous retail experience
High school diploma or equivalent preferred
It’s a new day in health care.
Combining CVS Health and Aetna was a transformative moment for our company and our industry, establishing CVS Health as the nation’s premier health innovation company. Through our health services, insurance plans and community pharmacists, we’re pioneering a bold new approach to total health. As a CVS Health colleague, you’ll be at the center of it all.
We offer a diverse work experience that empowers colleagues for career success. In addition to skill and experience, we also seek to attract and retain colleagues whose beliefs and behaviors are in alignment with our core values of collaboration, innovation, caring, integrity and accountability.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Gender/Ethnicity/Disability/Protected Veteran – we highly value and are committed to all forms of diversity in the workplace. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT. We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact our Advice and Counsel Reasonable Accommodations team. Please note that we only accept applications for employment via this site.
If technical issues are preventing you from applying to a position, contact Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609 or email@example.com. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352.