About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
KCBD NewsChannel 11 is the NBC affiliate in Lubbock, Texas and the dominant #1 station in the market. Our station is committed to excellent journalism and innovation across all platforms producing and airing more than 50 hours of original local news and weather programming each week. Our digital platforms also dominate in audience, engagement, and content. We invest in the latest news gathering equipment and superior weather technology. KCBD provides the tools, training, and opportunities for success in the ever-changing environment of broadcast and digital content.
Lubbock's legacy station is looking for a digital news content producer to join our team. The ideal candidate will be a journalist with strong writing skills who creates news content across all digital platforms.
Duties/Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Working quickly to send out breaking news, weather, and traffic alerts, including push notifications, social media updates, and web stories that are updated as news develops
- Thinking outside the box; contributing in ways to grow our already dominant digital presence
- Monitoring social media and other digital sources to find new content
- Collaborating with members of the digital team and the newsroom to create news content that meets our high standards
- Posting to our online and social media platforms using digital publishing tools, video editing software, and other resources
- Creating innovative and user-friendly elements inside of articles for consumption across our platforms, including photo galleries, interactive charts, and other embedded content
- Additional duties as assigned, including assignment desk help and conducting interviews for stories
- Ability to field viewer calls, and cold call sources to confirm tips & scanner traffic
- Assisting the Digital Content Manager on implementing Digital Initiatives
- Empathy for others. A team-builder, with a dedication to collaboration and getting it right
- Degree in journalism/communications/English or equivalent background preferred
- Some newsroom experience preferred
- Preferred knowledge of ENPS, Google Analytics, and other tools
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Understanding of and adherence to AP Style
- Availability to work various hours as breaking news or special events warrant; but understand we have a sizeable staff to spread across all dayparts
- Pre-employment MVR check required
Qualified, interested applicants may go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on "apply now", upload your resume, cover letter and references
(Current employees that are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro employee portal)
KCBD-TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior to or by the first workday.
Bachelors or better in English or related field
Bachelors or better in Journalism or related field