Henrys Original is more than a company, we are a group of people that are making a difference by healing the mind, body and souls of people throughout the world. Originating from the first grower of cannabis in Mendocino County we are appellation focused, estate grown and organically farmed. As stewards of the land we honor the unique, harmonious relationship between the farm, the genetics and the terroir resulting in an ultra-premium product, supported with Clean Green certification through the USDA. Our company is hardworking and humble, and our successful employees are comprised of scrappy problem-solvers, detail-oriented rock stars and all-around pros who over communicate within our tight-knit team. We play big and stay nimble. We eat flexibility so that we can build doors where others see walls and make things happen.
We currently have an immediate opening for a Payroll Administrator who will support the many people that work in our company by processing and administering our payroll function. Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Compiles information and computes, collects, calculates and summarizes straight and overtime pay, timekeeping information and variable pay programs.
- Reviews timecard discrepancies and works closely with managers to confirm and resolve issues.
- Processesdirect deposit payments, garnishment, advances and pay back loans. Updates employee payroll records and issues paychecks.
- Processes and closes payrolls process.
- Handles journal entries and account reconciliations to the General Ledger for payroll liabilities in QuickBooks.
- Processes employment verifications
- Processes and issue annual W-2 forms to employees
- Processes and distributes payroll related reports for compensation, taxes paid, garnishments, and deductions.
- Answers questions from employees related to payroll topics.
- Performs other assigned duties or projects to assist the finance team.
- Associates degree or higher in accounting is preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in payroll processing experience, preferably in an agricultural or manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of payroll regulatory requirements
- Proven ability to calculate numbers accurately
- Strong attention to detail, producing a high level of accurate results.
- Proven ability to build and work as a team player
- High standards of confidentiality
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Strong knowledge of excel and computer literacy.
- Knowledge of Paychex, QuickBooks Enterprise, and Time Tracker is highly desirable.
Job Type: Full-time
- Quickbooks: 1 year (Preferred)
- Payroll: 3 years (Required)