POSITION: PRODUCT MANAGER
JOB TYPE: FULL TIME
LOCATION: HOME BASED (SOME TRAVEL)
COMPENSATION: Competitive salary range commensurate with education and experience
Spirit Fitness is a leading fitness equipment manufacturer with a headquarter office in Jonesboro, AR, and manufacturing facilities in both Taiwan and China. We develop, manufacture, market, and sell fitness equipment for home, medical, and commercial settings under multiple brands through our direct websites and through a national dealer network. We built our first fitness product in 1983 with the simple goal of giving our customers the highest quality equipment to hep them achieve their fitness goals
Spirit Fitness is now seeking to expand our product management team with the addition of a Product Manager. We seek a highly driven, hands on candidate to report to the Director of Product Development and Marketing. The person shall have a bachelor’s degree in a technical field or minimum of 2 years of related experience, strong organizational capability, and possess exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Analyzing market trends and sales performance in order to make informed recommendations for products.
- Analyze competitor activity in order to provide a competitive edge over competition.
- Develop product stories and points of sale for the product.
- Daily coordination and communication with domestic product development team and overseas manufacturers.
- Works to define product enhancements and strategies to improve user experience.
- Responsible for reporting on the product’s roadmap to senior product management.
- Work within the product management team as well other departments including sales, marketing, service, and manufacturing in determining product vision, positioning, and direction.
- Responsible for the identification of new opportunities, service improvements, and cost reductions.
- Contribute to the determination of pricing and profitability of the product.
- Assist Technical Support in troubleshooting and assisting customers.
- Aligns product launch activities with marketing activities.
- Provide sales team with competitor analysis, market analysis, business performance analysis, and other research information.
- Ensure that the product literature is accurate and relevant.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field; for example, Marketing, Accounting, Finance, Economics, or Business Administration or the equivalent in experience (min 2yrs).
- Experience in information gathering and the creation of product specification grids, stories and acceptance criteria.
- Experience in financial analysis and budget tracking.
- Experience in the completion of a product project form beginning to end.
- Strong analytical capability with the ability to meet deadlines is a quality necessary for proper execution of the duties in this position.
- Ability to construct clear-cut product requirements and technical documentations on short notice as required.
- Able to effectively work on several simultaneous projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Constant interaction with senior product management personnel, overseas manufacturers, sales and marketing departments, other product team personnel, and consumers.
- Excellent communication skills to effectively communicate with and make regular presentations as required.
- Exceptional analytical skills with strong technical abilities.
- Creative and innovative in problem solving and the formulation of solutions.
Job Type: Full-time