Who are we?
At the Seattle Y, we are an inclusive organization of people with a shared commitment to nurture the potential of youth, promote healthy living and foster social responsibility.
At the Y, strengthening community is our cause. We work side-by-side with our neighbors throughout King and south Snohomish counties to help kids and families thrive – and apply their positive behaviors and goals at home, school, the workplace and beyond.
Where you’ll work…
- 13 branches
- 2 overnight camps
- More than 200 program sites
You’ll be based out of one of our 13 branches that offers programs ranging from health and wellness, to family programs, to child care, to aquatics (access is a staff benefit - swim a few laps before work, take a yoga class, do some laps on the track before you go home if you like!) The Seattle Y offers a competitive pay range and part time or full time benefit packages, as eligible.
If this sounds like an organization you'd like to work for, read on!
What you’ll be doing…
We have an awesome opportunity for the essential position of Gift Entry Adminstrative Coordinator. In this role, you will provide administrative support to the Donor Services team. With a focus on the donor experience, you will facilitate data entry in Raiser’s Edge for all gift types during our Annual Fund Drive. Provide best-in-class customer service and support to donors and staff. Perform day-to-day business functions that ensure timely and accurate gift processing.
Who are you?
- Complete daily, detail-oriented data entry. Assist staff and donors with general YMCA inquiries regarding donor related issues
- Provide excellent customer service and facilitate the resolution of member/donor issues, questions and complaints that frequently require analysis of situations to determine the best course of action and use of resources. Focus on member/donor satisfaction, experience and retention
- Support Association-wide fundraising efforts administratively. Generate correspondence including thank you letters, pledge reminders and tax letters. Process and enter pledges and gifts. Ensure donor records are up-to-date and accurate
- Perform necessary database management and maintenance (Raisers Edge) including mailing list files, pledges, address updates, acknowledgments, prospect files, etc
- Other duties as assigned
If you're the right candidate for the job you thrive on challenging assignments, pride yourself on efficiently managing a high volume of work without quality suffering. Detail and accuracy are important to you. You are always stepping up to offer support at the first sign it's needed. You are comfortable using Outlook, Word, and Excel, and are eager to learn new tips and tricks to improve your skills, and have an interest in and aptitude for learning new programs. You're equally at home answering phone calls and emails as you are managing projects and data.
You should have:
PREFERRED POSITION ATTRIBUTES AND SKILLS
- High school education or equivalent. Two years or more of college in a related field preferred
- 1-2 years’ experience in an administrative support role
- Strong time management, attention to detail, and organizational skills
- Intermediate knowledge of/experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- General office knowledge - copier, phone systems, etc.
- Strong keyboarding skills (aka touch-typing)
You'll be a great fit for the Seattle Y Team if you:
- Experience working with donor databases, especially Raiser’s Edge
- Strong customer service skills, responding to multiple questions via phone, email and in person
- Prefer knowledge of, and previous experience with, diverse populations (language, culture, race, physical ability, sexual orientation, etc.)
- Thrive on working in a collaborative environment
- Are very adaptable
- Have high ownership and strong work ethic
- Are a great problem solver who can think on your feet
- Truly enjoy being of service to people
- Like being part of a team that cares about one another as people and enjoy working together
- Want to know that the work you do contributes to building a better, stronger community for all
The YMCA of Greater Seattle is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, inclusion, and equity. We are a drug & alcohol-free workplace; all job offers are contingent on results of a background check and drug screening, including screening for marijuana.