$1,488.00 biweekly; $38,688.00 annually
Work for Indiana!
Join U.S. News & World Report’s #1 state government! With more than 50 executive branch agencies, the State of Indiana features a diverse workforce offering applicants stimulating and challenging projects across a broad scope of career opportunities. As a State of Indiana employee, you impact the well-being of Indiana’s communities every day. You also benefit from the State’s enterprise-wide employer values including work-life balance, public service, professional growth, diversity and wellbeing.
About the job:
This position exists within the Indiana Army National Guard (INARNG) Environmental Management Branch with a primary duty station located in Indianapolis. The Compliance Manager reports to the Deputy Chief of Compliance and is responsible for regulated waste management, multi-media regulatory compliance, environmental permits, plans, and training. This position is about 50 percent field work to conduct regulatory audits and confirm compliance with federal, state and local laws, reguations and Army National Guard policy. This position determines compliance and provides solutions to achieve compliance and stewardship goals to an audience of senior leaders, project managers and Soldiers using using verbal, written, and electronic communications that are clear and concise.
A day in the life:
1. Completes internal compliance assistance visits and facilitate external compliance audits at Indiana Army National Guard facilities according to National Guard Bureau protocols. Facilities include all Readiness Centers (Armories), training sites and all aviation and vehicle maintenance locations. Identify, document, and correct deficiencies in the national tracking database. Prepare annual Installation Internal Assessment Plan.
2. Interprets laws, regulations, policies, and guidelines within area of assignment as they pertain to the Indiana Army National Guard (INARNG).
3. Identifies wastes for characterization or TCLP testing, complete handling protocols sheets and waste profiles to demonstrate “generator knowledge”.
4. Develops and coordinates programs and work plans that maintain compliance and compliments military mission requirements. Collects necessary data to prepare and submit annual EPCRA and waste activity reports to required agencies, as well as periodic data calls on Hazardous Waste generation and pesticide usage.
5. Maintains competency in, writes, updates, and ensures compliance with SPCC Plans, Hazardous Materials Spill Plans, Pollution Prevention (P2) Plan, Integrated Pest Management Plan, Hazardous Waste/Materials Management Plan, IDEM issued permits, etc.
6. Provides training as needed to comply with SPCC, P2, Hazardous Waste, Used Oil, Universal Waste, Pest Management, permit conditions and general environmental awareness training for soldiers and employees.
7. Writes/reviews contract specifications and scopes of work for environmental projects and services.
What we are looking for:
1. B.S. degree with specialized training in environmental science, policy, or closely related scientific field.
2. Desired five (5) years work experience in an environmental or environmental public health field, or accredited college training in a related field. Relevant course work or considerable experience in a related area may substitute.
3. Must have and maintain a valid Indiana driver’s license.
About The Adjutant General's Office:
The Adjutant General’s Office (AGO) provides a dynamic workplace while serving the Indiana National Guard at its various facilities throughout the state. AGO’s programs and projects offer exciting opportunities for professionals in many fields - from maintenance repair to cadre to civil engineers - looking to begin or advance their careers. AGO offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, as well as an outstanding work/life balance. AGO offers agency specific benefits, such as a physical fitness program, an opportunity to work an alternative work schedule, and a spot bonus program to reward hardworking employees.
The State of Indiana offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes:
Want the specifics?Explore the Benefits of Working in State Government!
Note: As a security feature, this application will 'time out' after a period of inactivity. It is recommended that you open the above link and then return immediately to complete the remainder of the application.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The State of Indiana is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time