CoinList is where the top crypto projects in the world run their token sales and build out their communities. So far we have helped projects like Filecoin, Basis, and DFINITY raise over $400M and recruit tens of thousands of contributors. We are backed by top-tier investors, have offices in SF and NY, and are just getting started.
At CoinList, legal work is at the heart of everything we do. Our space is rapidly changing and much of the laws are yet to be written, but it's our job be on top of it all -- guiding our teammates and our customers on how to be compliant, structure new products, and navigate the complex regulatory landscape at startup speed. Our work is difficult and ambitious, which is what makes it fun.
If you are an entrepreneurial person with an exceptional legal mind and background, we'd love to hear from you.
Who you are
- You're smart and ambitious. You understand new concepts quickly, push others, and like being around people who challenge you.
- You've done this before. You have a JD from a top law school. You are licensed to practice in the U.S. and have at least 3 years' experience at a prestigious law firm, in-house team, or federal agency.
- You know securities law. You are fluent with the basics and you have experience dealing with broker-dealers, investment advisors, securities exchanges or ATSs. You have opinions about the JOBS Act. You know how the SEC and FINRA work and you read their filings for fun.
- You are a great communicator. You speak clearly and succinctly. You craft wonderful emails. You never end sentences in prepositions or misplace, commas.
- You are organized and meticulous. You have a system for everything. You check and double check your work. You frequently catch errors that outside counsel has made.
- You are entrepreneurial. Rather than hedge on tough issues, you take an opinion. In a space that is still being defined, you are able to find creative paths forward, balancing practical conservatism with a creative approach to problem solving. If you haven't already started your own company, you think you might like to in the future.
- You move quickly. You make deadlines for yourself and you move fast. You focus on the things that matter and push back on things that don't. People know they can count on you to get things approved.
- You have good values. You enjoy hanging out with your teammates, make the workplace more fun for everyone, and care about doing the right thing.
- You are a 10x thinker, far more excited by huge disruptions than by small improvements. If something is hard, that makes it more fun, and you know that if anyone can figure it out, you can.
What you will do
- You will drive our legal operations. CoinList is growing quickly, and you will be the go-to person for all of our daily legal operations -- from issuing new stock options, to driving regulatory filings, to negotiating contracts, to advising crypto projects on complex legal issues. Whatever needs to get done, you will be the person pushing this part of the business forward.
- You'll help shape the product. Our whole team cares deeply about the product and our legal team has significant input into its development. You'll beta test new prototypes and talk directly with users, and your ideas will always be heard.
- You will creatively problem solve. From figuring out how to structure a new type of token sale, to helping a token issuers with a complex corporate issue, you will need to think creatively to navigate the changing waters of the crypto ecosystem. Each day you'll expand your knowledge and solve problems that no one has had to grapple with before.
- You'll represent us externally. From publishing thought leadership pieces on securities regulations, to moderating legal panels at crypto conferences, to meeting with members of congress to advise them on legislation, you'll help shape the course of this emerging industry.
- You'll grow and improve. At CoinList you'll be working with some of the smartest people you've met, who love to learn and teach each other. You'll find yourself stretching to new areas, immersed in feedback, and engrossed in deep conversations on a daily basis.
- You'll create the future. Crypto is a far bigger deal than most people realize, and at CoinList you will be be at the forefront of it. There are all sorts of technical challenges you'll be working though and new questions you'll have to answer, in partnership with founders for the leading crypto projects across the globe. If you're successful, you'll build something the world has never before seen.
As an early employee at CoinList you will be a critical part of our core team and have a huge influence over the direction of the company. We will compensate you well, invest deeply in your development, and do everything we can to make sure this is the single best work experience of your life.