New Development Property Manager
As we expand in the Auburn market, CA Management Services is recruiting for a New Development Property Manager to champion CA and the property brand. This individual is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the property and team, while creating and maintaining a best-in-class environment for our residents. New Development Property Managers are expected to have a strong background in property marketing, branding, and leasing/sales that can translate into continue success once the property is operating. CA Management Services values dynamic individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to work through challenges that arise during the development phase. The Property Manager should be a free-thinking force that embraces the opportunity to be innovative in his or her work during the launch of the property.
Upon opening, managers may have the opportunity to move to future new development projects in the CA Student Living portfolio or remain at the property as it transitions to the company’s operating team.
Building and managing a team is key for any successful Property Manager at CA Student Living. Property Managers are the CEO of their property.
- Recruit, train, motivate, and coach on-site leasing and operations staff
- Conduct on-going training on industry and market-specific issues related to the leasing of the property
- Maintain high employee morale while holding team members accountable to stated leasing goals
- Manage all personnel files and payroll processing in line with company standards
Property Managers are expected to be the force behind the leasing and marketing efforts of the property. Their day-to-day focus should be on leasing and marketing efforts, while balancing long-term property pricing and occupancy goals.
- Communication of stated leasing goals with on-site team
- Collaboratively create and implement leasing and marketing plans to meet stated goals
- Coordinate digital marketing efforts with Chicago-based support staff
- Ensure leasing staff is following company standards in working with prospective residents
- Develop positive relationships with the local community, university, student groups, and vendors
- Willingness to development and implement creative solutions to meet these goals using company resources
While meeting those goals, the Property Manager must also oversee all administrative duties and are responsible for the administrative and accounting success of the property.
- Manage leasing process through Entrata and company-provided worksheets
- Processing of vendor invoices, property expenses, and budget/revenue forecasts
- Monthly auditing of lease completions/approvals, outstanding payments, and agent commissions
- Open communication with Regional, Property Management, and Asset Management team members
- Bachelor’s degree with 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Development experience preferred, as is luxury property/brand sales experience
- Experience managing a team and successfully meeting individual and team goals
- Record of success in leasing or sales
- Willingness to work the hours needed to meet stated goals, including some nights and weekends
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Eye for design and branding with the ability to manage vendors to match brand standards
- Ability to develop and interpret financial reports, budgets, and accounts
CA Management Services looks for dynamic, energetic individuals who are eager to be the face of our company, brand, and property in the markets that we serve. Engaging leaders who have the ability to inspire their teams to be successful will find continued opportunities for growth and development within the CA portfolio.
- Resiliency – Ability to adjust processes and strategies as needed to improve efficiencies
- Openness – Ability to maintain open communication with on-site team and corporate staff
- Creativity – Ability to develop creative marketing and leasing strategies with on-site team
- Leadership – Ability to inspire on-site team and maintain a positive, productive work environment
- Performance – Ability to meet goals and collaborate with corporate team on opportunities for improvement