The Theater Operator is responsible for assisting visitors in and out of the CineDome and Digital Adventure Theater, operating theater control systems, maintaining the cleanliness of all theater areas, and ensuring the safety, security, and accessibility of the theaters to all visitors.
· Operates theater presentation equipment such as lighting, doors, and announcements.
· Ensures all theater safety, security, and accessibility procedures are followed.
· Answers visitor questions as needed and collects visitor feedback in the form of surveys.
· Accurately records the total attendance for each show.
· Facilitates the attendance of groups to the theaters, including assisting with their load in and load out and verifying the accuracy of attendance vouchers received.
· Distributes, collects, cleans, and maintains 3D glasses.
· Assists in the cleaning and organization of all theater areas.
· Provides a high level of customer service to all OSC visitors and employees.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
· Education: High school senior/graduate or equivalent.
· Experience & Certifications: N/A
· Customer service experience and minor audiovisual equipment usage.
· Ability to remain in a stationary position.
· Moves throughout the museum.
· Ascends/descends stairs throughout the museum.
· Ascends/descends ladders or other equipment to perform various tasks.
· Observes and reacts to the needs of guests, staff, volunteers, and community partners.
· Communicates and exchanges accurate information with guests, staff, volunteers, and community partners in a variety of formats including in-person, electronically, and over the phone.
· Operates a computer and/or office equipment efficiently and accurately.
· Close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.
· Understand and distinguish speech and other sounds (machinery, alarms, equipment).
· Manipulates and moves components weighing up to 50 pounds frequently and rarely above 50 pounds, including those that may be low to the ground or above eye level.
· Frequently/Occasionally/Rarely works in outdoor environments.
· Frequently/Occasionally/Rarely works in indoor environments.
· Coping with demands and stresses associated with job and work environment.
· Kneeling, crouching, stooping, crawling (frequently)
· Weight Levels – Lift, Push, Pull
· Up to 50 pounds
Expected Hours of Work & Travel
· This position is part time. Hours can vary based on the needs of the organization.
This position is required to be onsite 100% of the time.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $15.25 per hour
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Work Location: In person