Full Job Description
Reporting to the Administrator for Analysis and Reporting, with very wide latitude for the exercise of independent judgment and initiative, the successful candidate will perform professional and responsible data science work involving research and analyses on projects administered by the Capital Projects Division (CPD), utilize information management resources to evaluate projects schedules, research and investigate construction performance metrics, and perform economic analyses for timely obligation and expenditure of funds, and coordinate research efforts on special initiatives.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Lead a rigorous pursuit of outcomes measurement and performance reporting.
2. Conduct vigorous project performance research to measure progress and develop best practices.
3. Make and record observations on the progress of research and evaluates data.
4. Conduct research efforts on project schedules and budgets to identify and address issues that may adversely impact on-time performance.
5. Review portfolio data to identify anomalies and ensure timely corrections are made to ensure accurate reporting.
6. Coordinate CPD research efforts with other research projects in NYCHA and other agencies to update information for special\required tracking and reporting.
7. Evaluate methods, procedures and data obtained to perform comparative analyses on project cost and timeliness.
8. Recommend methods and techniques of projects in special initiatives portfolio and perform analyses as required.
9. Perform investigations to determine effective usage of time against project cost.
10. Ensure accurate contract warranty/guarantee data.
11. Ensure that contracts and vendors administered by CPD are accurately identified in the financial management system to be able to correctly measure vendors’ capacity and performance.
12. Generate and maintain records, reports, charts and graphs that will assist in identifying impediments to workflow.
13. Develop mechanisms to generate reports to elected officials on allocation of funding and performance of projects within the elected officials’ districts.
14. Perform training as needed.
Please read this posting carefully to make certain you meet the qualification requirements before applying to this position.
Minimum Qual Requirements
1. For Assignment Level I (only physical, biological and environmental sciences and public health) A master's degree from an accredited college or university with a specialization in an appropriate field of physical, biological or environmental science or in public health.
To be appointed to Assignment Level II and above, candidates must have:
1. A doctorate degree from an accredited college or university with specialization in an appropriate field of physical, biological, environmental or social science and one year of full-time experience in a responsible supervisory, administrative or research capacity in the appropriate field of specialization; or
2. A master's degree from an accredited college or university with specialization in an appropriate field of physical, biological, environmental or social science and three years of responsible full-time research experience in the appropriate field of specialization; or
3. Education and/or experience which is equivalent to "1" or "2" above. However, all candidates must have at least a master's degree in an appropriate field of specialization and at least two years of experience described in "2" above. Two years as a City Research Scientist Level I can be substituted for the experience required in "1" and "2" above.
Appointments to this position are subject to a minimum probationary period of one year.
1. Database management and reporting experience with Oracle based platforms.
2. Knowledge of construction management and scheduling software.
3. Proven knowledge of Microsoft Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Teams and Visio.
4. Ability to work under stringent deadlines and handle simultaneous assignments.
5. Knowledge of SQL and business intelligence tools.
6. Experience with statistical data analyses software and languages as SAS, SPSS, or R.
7. Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
8. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
9. Ability to work collaboratively with others.
NYCHA employees applying for promotional, title or level change opportunities must have served a period of one year in their current title and level (if applicable).
Click the "Apply Now" button.
NYCHA has no residency requirements.