At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
Constellation is headquartered in Baltimore, with regional offices in Chicago, Houston, Kennett Square, Louisville, New York, and Omaha.
We develop energy management strategies that help customers buy, manage and consume energy.
Our retail unit is among the largest and most comprehensive in the industry with approximately 1 million residential customers that rely on our commitment to innovation, dependability, transparency, and service.
Our wholesale business serves utilities, municipalities and co-ops and features world-class risk management and energy trading capabilities.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
We are looking for a best-in-class Sales Professional with true 'hunter' DNA! If you are a Consultative Sales Professional possessing a proven track record of originating, negotiating and closing complex, project-based transactions and has mastered the art of managing long-term sales cycles then this career opportunity will excite you!
We are seeking a consultative, financially-oriented, solutions-based Senior Business Development Manager to identify and close customer focused energy efficiency and sustainability based project solutions.
The Senior Business Development Manager will identify, qualify, develop, and close new business opportunities within a defined geographic territory. The focus of this sales-based position is the development and implementation of integrated, performance based energy and sustainability project engagements for existing non-residential facilities with a primary focus in school districts, higher education, healthcare, institutional, state and local government.
The Senior Business Development Manager is responsible for organic revenue generation by securing and delivering signed project engagements.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Proactively engages prospects to articulate and position the overall value associated with an integrated, performance based energy and sustainability based project solution for customer facilities by aggressively qualifying the prospect and opportunity
- Develops and implements market specific sales strategies and tactics focused on securing organic business with target accounts, prospects and key decision makers
- Leverages existing vertical market contacts and relationships to drive direct and indirect prospecting and business development
- Facilitates customer meetings clearly articulating and positioning Constellation’s value proposition and areas of differentiation
- The ability to proactively motivate decision makers by developing and delivering compelling customer centric presentations
- Establishes the overall sales strategy for each customer engagement. Horizontal management of all internal functional teams ensuring all project deliverables align with the established sales strategy while addressing the customer needs and expectations
- Establish and maintain a sustainable sales pipeline of qualified opportunities aligning with achievement of annual sales quota
- Deliver signed project implementation contracts to achieve annual sales quota
- Develops a reputation as the Energy Efficiency and Sustainability Expert within your market through ongoing customer interaction and speaking opportunities combined with strategic participation in key trade shows, conferences, seminars and trade associations
- Documented history of developing and closing complex, solution based, financially oriented project engagements exceeding $5,000,000 in project based revenue
- Direct sales experience successfully originating new business within at least one of the following industries: energy efficiency/sustainability, HVAC, engineering, architecture, original equipment manufacturer, and/or financial services
- Possesses an established “C” Level contact base within school districts, higher education, healthcare, institutional, state and local government
- Ability to develop, cultivate, maintain and leverage contact networks and business relationships
- An expert in lead generation, prospecting, qualification and opportunity cultivation
- Proficiency in penetrating and navigating executive level stakeholders and decision makers
- Possess conceptual selling skills accompanied by a strong financial/business acumen
- Successful track record of effectively developing and managing a large sales territory
- Experience managing sales cycles in excess of twelve (12) months
- Demonstrated success in originating, negotiating and closing complex business transactions
- Excellent computer, written and oral communication skills
- Superior interpersonal and group presentation skills
- Ability to work independently and not requiring daily direction
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse work group and across corporate functional teams
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor