4050 Truxel Road, Suite A Sacramento CA 95834
The Center for Autism and Related Disorders, Inc. (CARD) is among the world’s largest and most experienced organizations effectively treating children with autism and related disorders. With US and international reach, CARD touches the lives of hundreds of children and their families. Through a network of trained therapists, supervisors and researchers we develop and implement quality, comprehensive and personalized treatment programs which lead to success, and in many cases recovery.
CARD was started in 1990 by renowned psychologist and early researcher of autism, Dr. Doreen Granpeesheh. She designed a unique treatment curriculum based on the Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) method and built an organization of dedicated and trained staff. Currently CARD has over 200 US-based satellite offices; in addition to servicing children and families world-wide. CARD’s goal is to become the worldwide leader of top-quality autism treatments.
The Administrative Coordinator assists the Operations Manager in the day to day operations of their satellite office. The Administrative Coordinator will work under the supervision of their Operations Manager. The Administrative Coordinator will be responsible for assisting their Operations Manager in a variety of tasks, including but not limited to scheduling, payroll, billing, fiscal management, client/employee files, and various reporting.
- Implement and represent CARD policy enthusiastically
- Act as the receptionist for the satellite office and maintain a warm and welcoming environment (answering phones, greeting patients, etc.) providing excellent customer service
- Assists patients and clinicians during on-site services
- Responsible for reviewing timekeeping and billing system daily to ensure accuracy of all appointments
- Maintain inventory of all company equipment (iPads, laptops, webcams, etc.)
- Maintain accurate information within CARD’s business systems
- Assist with the preparation and maintenance of employee and patient files in accordance with CARD policy and HIPAA standards
- Assists with major and minor scheduling tasks
- Assist in ensuring all staff have necessary credentials for services provided and submits required documentation to HR when needed.
- Assist with new hire and new client orientation process
- Assist with Payroll and Billing
- Assist with the evaluation and management of hourly staff
- Assist with the overall financial health of the office (maintaining budgets, maximizing billable time, minimizing OT, etc.)
- Attend/lead required trainings and meetings
- Assist in daily operations as directed by the Operations Manager
- Assume the responsibilities of an Operations Manager in their absence
- Must keep abreast of changing organizational needs as it relates to policies, business systems, legal practices, HIPAA compliance, and technology
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in an administrative role
- Flexible schedule to accommodate clinic and patient needs (including evenings and some weekends)
- Associate’s Degree in business, accounting, finance, administration or management preferred
- Ability to execute active listening and problem solving skills to provide exceptional customer service
- Ability to react to day-to-day operational requirements in a professional and timely manner
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task to meet deadlines
- Excellent inter-personal relationship skills and the ability to work with individuals of all levels
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including phone and e-mail etiquette
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of MS Excel, Word, Outlook; ability to provide IT support and use new computer systems and iPads
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs on a frequent basis
- Ability to work for extended hours sitting at a computer
- Ability to work in a loud environment around children
- Key characteristics: organized, energetic, intelligent, dependable, good listener, professional, attention to detail and collaborative spirit
- Benefits include medical, dental, life, vision, 401(k) plan, sick pay, some paid holidays and floating days.
- Exceptional Mentorship Program with upward mobility to become an Operations Manager
- Paid travel/accomodations for Corporate Headquarters Training
- Non-Exempt, full-time 40 hours per week $14 - $16 per hour