TITLE III DATBASE and SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR
TITLE: Title III Database and Systems Administrator
DEPARTMENT: Computer Services
REPORTS TO: Vice President for Enrollment Management
CLASSIFICATION: Contract Staff - Full Time
Mission Statement: “Villa Maria College, founded by the Felician Sisters, provides students a rigorous and enriching educational experience. Offering academic programs with a broad core curriculum, the College transforms and empowers students to realize their intellectual, creative, professional, and spiritual potential. Inspired by a welcoming Catholic tradition and a dynamic Franciscan spirit, Villa Maria College offers individual attention and fosters compassion, justice, peace, respect for human dignity and a commitment to service.”
Villa Maria College Core Values: “Respect for Human Dignity, Compassion, Transformation, Solidarity with the Poor, and Justice & Peace.”
POSITION SUMMARY: The Database and Systems Administrator will manage all aspects of the College’s SIS database system, CAMS Enterprise, and assist with the administration of all other systems of the College. This will include administration, maintenance, and support of the database systems, assisting College personnel in retrieving and manipulating data; developing and implementing new reporting and retrieval mechanisms. The position will assist College personnel in identifying needs that can be addressed through current systems, and help to plan for future systems and integrations that will increase productivity and services. In addition, as time allows, the position will provide support to students and employees to resolve IT issues.
- Provide management and support for the College’s data management system CAMS Enterprise System and other academic reporting/retrieval systems by assessing the system for intended outcomes, working with end users, software vendors, and programmers in order to achieve these outcomes;
- Assist with the management of Microsoft Dynamics GP enterprise resource planning (ERP) system;
- Engage the campus community in support of the database and other systems through training, configuration, report building, data management, etc.
- Ensure that critical EA systems are online and accessible to college campus constituents 24/7. Keep the systems managed to peak performance, monitor daily system performance, and tune the components when necessary. Responsible for assuring backup and recovery along with day to day automated execution. Clone and refresh databases from the production environment to development and testing environments. Administer system-level procedures, establishing and maintaining administrator accounts, and assigning or making available file permissions.
- Help to analyze, plan, and implement future use of database, ERP, and CRM systems to meet the needs of the institution;
- Improve database workflow and folder digitalization for student records and information to include data cleanup, importing, transforming, integration with other systems, validating or modeling data for process(s) improvement;
- Work with end users to promote the integration of data into analysis and decision making processes. This includes assisting other Computer Services staff on the implementation of Power BI software and other data visualization and reporting tools.
- Work closely with the Professional Development Coordinator on developing and delivering technical training sessions and workshops for faculty, staff, and students as it pertains to the CAMS Enterprise System;
- Assist and participate in any other activities/duties related to the Title III grant and to meet the mission of the college;
- Support the mission and objectives of the College by serving on standing or ad hoc committees and participate in college functions;
- Associates degree in Computer Science or related field with 3-5 years of experience in data systems or computer services, Bachelor’s degree preferred;
- Strong preference given to candidates with experience working with CAMS Enterprise.
- Demonstrated experience with SQL.
- Knowledge of ERP and enterprise applications, client/server software, and enterprise reporting/business intelligence systems, application and web server platforms.
- Programming skills and application familiarity: Crystal Reports, SharePoint, Java, Microsoft 365 and Office;
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to exercise good judgement and decisions in an expeditious manner.
- Skilled at organizing events, programs, projects and see them through to completion.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of professional computing competence, as evidenced by continuing professional education, participation in professional meetings, and interactions with peers and users.
- Ability to quickly acquire systems administration skills
Professional business office setting. General environment requires employee to be flexible. This work may include hours standing and walking, including up and down stairs. Evening and weekend hours may be needed on occasion to perform work associated with this position. Possible keyboarding movements will be necessary to perform computer work for this position.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Villa Maria College management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
VILLA MARIA COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- database and systems administration: 3 years (Required)