Join our Crew…
Sea Bags, makers of totes, handbags and accessories made from recycled sailboat sails, is gearing up for a busy summer season. If you are personable, love working with people and are passionate about sustainability and sharing a wonderful brand story, we’d like to talk to you.
Scope of Job
Provides exemplary and knowledgeable service in supporting all Sea Bags customers and visitors. Maintains relevant product knowledge and stays current on new product introductions, collections, and third-party products. Is knowledgeable of all point of sale functions and efficiently processes customer transactions. Ensures all customers and visitors are asked to provide his/her email address. Is knowledgeable and encourages customer engagement in attempting to sell custom order bags or totes using the iPad station. Supports all social media directives and promotions. Supports company sail trade program.
· Provides exceptional customer service, brand and product knowledge in selling Sea Bags products and accessories.
- Acknowledge and openly greet all customers and visitors in sharing the Sea Bags brand story.
- Proactively assists all customers and visitors with his/her questions and purchases providing appropriate selling techniques including up selling each item selected.
- Be a driving force behind the Sea Bags brand.
- Expert on product knowledge by keeping current on all new collections as well as core product lines.
· Strong user of the point of sale system.
- Proactively communicates sail trade program to all customers and visitors.
- Works a rotating schedule, including nights, weekends, based on the needs of the business
Must Requirements (including any physical requirements)
· Be a team player and jump in and support any needs in the company when called upon.
· Solid interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
· Strong ability to communicate and articulate company history and product information orally.
· Solid customer service skills.
· Strong ability to listen and communicate thoroughly with customers, co-workers and others.
· Ability to use a point of sale system.
· Capable of working occasional long work periods to support the needs of the business.
· Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to work a rotating schedule, including nights, weekends, based on the needs of the business.
- Equivalent work experience in sales and customer service
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Word and Excel
- Proven ability to multi-task in a fast-paced sales environment
Equal Opportunity Employment Statement
We created Sea Bags with a commitment to providing jobs and career paths in Maine. It is our policy to consider all applicants for employment on the basis of his or her qualifications for the job without regard to age, sex, race, religious creed, color, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual preference, national origin, or citizenship. We actively pursue this policy in all aspects of employment including hiring, promotion, transfer, termination, recruitment, rates of pay, and selection for training, and general treatment during employment. We do reserve the right to refuse to hire or continue the employment of undocumented workers. At Sea Bags, being an equal employment opportunity employer is not only a legal principle; it is a moral commitment as well.
Job Type: Part-time/Seasonal
Job Type: Part-time
- Retail Sales: 2 years (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)