No, this isn’t one of those ordinary jobs.
Tektronix is a team of dependable, innovative thinkers, who are empowered to generate and deliver solutions for customers. Our associates develop their careers through the challenges only a diverse, global innovator can promise. This is a collaborative culture where thinking beyond your desk is more than part of the job, it is the job.
Leads and facilitates strategy planning and execution, market development and solutions planning for semiconductor, military, government, electro-chemistry and research and development segments for the Keithley product line within Tektronix.
- Manages market strategic development. Designs and implements market penetration plans and programs to accomplish business plans or organizational goals targeting business performance.
- Manages market strategy research and planning in support of the strategic planning process.
- Works with regional sales and business development teams to identify customers and deliver revenue commitments by leveraging competitive research and market analysis for assigned market or region.
- Develops solutions across divisions to address opportunities identified in the strategic development
- Communicates and presents critical data, report summaries, market analyses, and strategic recommendations to all levels of management.
- Provides input to support roadmap, pricing and promotional strategy for the optical market segment.
- Identifies department issues, problems, and opportunities to support continuous improvement initiatives.
- Leads and facilitates Strategy Planning Processes and forums i.e, Segment Strategy, Cross-division product planning, Market Team Meetings, Strategy Communication Road shows
- Leads and facilitates strategy development projects in support of business objectives evaluating growth, profitability, path to market, channel, partnership strategy and presents recommendations to the Business leadership team
- Supports functional strategy development in support of the business objectives – Product Plan, Management, Marketing & Sales Channel, Aftermarket, Promotion/ Branding and Pricing strategy
- Manages regional business development managers and their staff; provides guidance and direction on problems and issues and supports them to achieve their annual objectives.
- Market Analysis - Knowledge of many markets as well as the ability to deploy local and/or global processes to attain relative market information. Able to anticipate competitive action/reactions (game theory). The ability to coach others in this area.
- Financial Understanding - Ability to collect, analyze, and interpret data from financial systems, as well as the ability to execute a business case. Knowledge of the leverage pricing has on financial results.
- Core Competitive Contribution – Ability to understand the real customer pain points and articulate clear solutions for these customers
- Market Opportunity Prioritization - Has strong relationships with key stakeholders and a broad understanding of strategies to make good judgment calls.
- Proactive, hands-on practitioner with the ability to dive deep into an application/solution space and identify the winning strategy, build/present a business case all the way to delivering demos
- Market Positioning - Understands market positioning tools and can apply them.
- Facilitating Internal Relationships & Consensus - Has experience with large group dynamics and proven relationship skills. Strong influencing skills.
- College, university, or equivalent degree in engineering or business. MBA or equivalent degree preferred.
- Significant level of relevant work experience required.
- Critical thinking and insightful analysis, strong analytical skills
- Leading cross-functional teams and influencing without authority
- Managing multiple stakeholders across the globe and balancing a large no. of tasks/projects
- Strong verbal and written communication, presentation skills
This position's primary/essential functions are subject to US Government ITAR compliance requirements under current government contracts. Therefore, all applicants must be either a US Citizen or a holder of a current valid Green Card and must provide proof of citizenship or legal residency via a birth certificate, a current valid green card, unexpired passport, or a naturalization certificate. We encourage applicants to bring such proof to their interview. However, in no case will applicants be allowed to begin their scope of work in this specific position without providing such proof.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening, background/criminal check, and if applicable a motor vehicle record search and/or financial record check.
Candidates with less education/experience may be considered for other opportunities.
Fortive Corporation Overview:
Fortive is a diversified industrial growth company comprised of global businesses that are recognized leaders in attractive markets. With more than $6 billion in annual revenues, Fortive’s well-known brands hold leading positions in field instrumentation, transportation, sensing, product realization, automation and specialty, and franchise distribution.
Fortive is headquartered in Everett, Washington and employs a team of more than 24,000 research and development, manufacturing, sales, distribution, service and administrative employees in more than 40 countries around the world. Our team grows by tackling challenges that accelerate progress and further their careers. With a culture rooted in continuous improvement, the core of our company’s operating model is the Fortive Business System.