INNOVATIVE ARTS ACADEMY CHARTER SCHOOL
Educate. Motivate. Create. Innovate.
Innovative Arts Academy Charter School promotes diversity and instructional integrity so that all students achieve their maximum potential in an arts-
centered, innovative and challenging learning environment.
To foster lifelong learning and ensure personal success for all students, IAA creates respect for community, excellence in education, and a commitment to service.
The teacher is the foundation of any sound educational program. A teacher makes plans and sets goals based on the curriculum to be learned, their knowledge of students, and their instructional context. A teacher establishes and maintains a purposeful and equitable environment for learning. A teacher engages students in learning by using a variety of instructional strategies. A teacher demonstrates professionalism in aspects that occur in and beyond the classroom/building.
● Will follow a course of study following the design developed by the teachers and administration. It shall be regularly revised according to the recommendations of the teachers, administration, and the PA Department of Education.
● Create a classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity of the students.
● Plan and implement lesson plans that meet individual needs, interests, and abilities within the IAA curriculum.
● Monitor and assess student progress and provide feedback on a regular basis to students and parents/guardians.
● Maintain a careful record of each student’s attendance. All excuses for absences shall be collected and turned into the office on a daily basis.
● Develop a systematic grading procedure according to the policies of the school and maintain neat and thorough records of student achievement.
● Assist each student to develop personal levels of performance appropriate to the student’s ability.
● Responsible for presenting appropriate, effective, and orderly instructional lessons by utilizing appropriate teaching techniques and instructional materials.
● Maintain appropriate student behavior in the classrooms. In addition, all professional employees have the responsibility of student control and discipline in the halls, classroom, during assemblies,/programs, etc.
● Maintain accurate, complete, legible, and correct records as required by the law, IAA policy, and administrative regulations.
● Actively participates in in-service training sessions. In-service and class preparation time is to be spent involved in professional activities; such as preparation and revision of instructional materials and being informed of education developments.
● Assume individual responsibilities assigned by the Building Principal which may relate to student activities, student supervision, or other planning and professional assignments.
QUALIFICATIONS, CRITICAL SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
● Bachelor’s Degree in Education / Subject Area.
● Proper valid Pennsylvania teacher certification.
● Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
● Ability to communicate effectively.
● Ability to organize tasks.
● Ability to handle multiple tasks within close time proximity.
● Ability to exercise appropriate judgment.
● Must possess computer skills.
● Must be able to communicate clearly with students, parents, and other school employees
● Must be able to think creatively and solve problems.
● Must have effective listening skills.
● Must demonstrate talent in the instruction of students with varied styles and levels of mastery.
● Must appropriately handle confidential information.
● Must be able to remain in a stationary position for prolonged periods of time.
● Must be able to move about your work area to needed access materials and equipment.
● Must be able to travel to and from job-related locations as necessary.
● Must be able to adjust to changes in environmental conditions.
● Must be able to access all assigned work areas and locations.
● Must be able to lift as required.
Please submit resume, cover letter, clearances (FBI, PA State Police, PA Child Abuse) and PA Standard Application
The information listed above is subject to change. This is not necessarily an exhaustive or all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, functions, or working conditions associated with the job. This position description is not a contract of employment or a promise or guarantee of any specific terms or conditions of employment. Items may be added, modified, or deleted (or the position itself) at any time as is deemed necessary. The employee in this position will be required to perform any other duties requested by his/her supervisor(s). The position holder must be able to perform the essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. It is the responsibility of the employee to inform the school of any and all reasonable accommodations that will be required.
Innovative Arts Academy Charter School is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. This applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeships. Innovative Arts Academy Charter School makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: From $48,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Catasauqua, PA 18032: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- PA Teaching Certification (Required)
Work Location: In person