The brand new TownePlace Suites by Marriott in Clovis, NM is currently seeking Full-Time Front Desk/Guest Services associates to join our dynamic, brand new team! Our ideal candidates would have friendly and caring attitudes, warm smiles and be willing to go above and beyond for our guests. Please see below for a job description and list of essential job functions. Please apply with your resume online or stop by the front desk at the Fairfield Inn & Suites to pick up an application! We'd love to meet you!
Our Front Desk team members must have a can-do attitude and the ability to assist our guests in the most professional and friendly manner possible. We provide excellent training, a flexible work schedule, great benefits and will be happy to launch your career in hospitality!
Job Description/Summary: The Front Desk Associate is responsible for: maintaining and promoting hospitality at all times; welcoming and serving guests in a courteous, efficient and friendly manner, both face-to-face and on the phone. As part of this job, this individual is required to: demonstrate good computer skills; accurately handle cash and charges; stand for long periods of time; present a friendly, outgoing, energetic and guest service oriented demeanor.
For full-time associates, benefits are available including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, vacation, and paid sick days among other perks.
Essential Job Functions:
- Greet, register, and assign rooms to guests; including issuing rooms keys, ensuring that all guests sign a guest registration card and provide a credit card or other method of payment.
- Answer, screen and forward phone calls, take messages and schedule/change reservations.
- Answer inquiries pertaining to hotel services, registration of guests, and shopping, dining, entertainment, and travel directions.
- Post room charges, food & beverage charges, phone charges, compute guest bills (individual, group masters, and city ledger accounts) using the PMS system, collect payment and make change for hotel guests following all cash handling procedures as required by company policy.
- Have knowledge of hotel property, hotel staff, and hotel services with hours of operations; room locations, types of rooms and room selling strategies; hotel rates and discounts and how to handle each; and hotel credit policies and procedures.
- Be very knowledgeable of the Brand loyalty program and their benefits and current promotions being offered.
- Develop a thorough knowledge of Emergency procedures.
- Maintain market stock and coffee area, as required
- Record guest comments/complaints and refer guest to a manager as necessary.
- Contact housekeeping or maintenance staff when guests report problems.
- Resolve guest issues quickly, efficiently, courteously and professionally.
- Keep records of room availability and guests' accounts.
- Post charges, such items as rooms, market purchases, or telephone calls.
- Maintain room key control and supervise guest access to safe deposit boxes.
- Verify bank deposits each shift and follow all cash-handling and credit policies.
- Responsible for the order and cleanliness of the front desk and adjacent work areas.
- Complete front desk communication daily shift email
- Report and store lost and found items in accordance with hotel procedures.
- Perform laundry duties
- May perform other duties as assigned or deemed necessary by management.
Job Type: Full-time
- Customer Service: 2 years (Preferred)