The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client’s local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Jacobs has a need to hire a Geophysical Technician for their Denver, CO office. Local candidates preferred. This position is not eligible for sponsorship.
- Perform field geophysical and utility investigations in accordance with standard geophysical industry practices and ASCE 38-02 “Standard Guidelines for the Collection and Depiction of Existing Subsurface Utility Data”
- Operate and maintain geophysical and utility locating instruments and equipment
- Collect data using advanced geophysical techniques and utility locating equipment
- Create field sketches, detailed notes, and maps of field work
- Assist surveyors during data collection
- Perform surveys of utilities and relevant field geophysical data using GPS and Robotic Total Station equipment
- Enter field data into field or office databases
- Communicate findings and analysis to engineers and other geospatial disciplines
- Understand the project goals, scope of work, and client expectations
- Work in a safe manner
- Follow department and project quality processes
- Work as a team player and contribute to an exceptional culture
- A minimum of 1 year of geophysical field collection preferred
- Proficiency with electromagnetic, ground penetrating radar, magnetic and/or other geophysical prospecting techniques and equipment preferred
- Familiarity with cable and pipe (radio frequency) locating equipment preferred
- Relevant degree, certificate, or technical training preferred
- Experience with surveying, CAD, or GIS preferred
- Valid driver’s license required
- Good social and communication skills required
- Willing to travel is required
- Ability to pass drug screen and background checks is required
- Ability to obtain security clearance (social security card, birth certificate, and proof of education must be available if requested)
- Reputation as a trusted and respected member of the geophysical or utility community required
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.