This position is responsible for preparing 2D CAD generated mechanical design manufacturing drawings, 3D CAD mechanical design models and related Engineering documentation.
TYPICAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares product drawings, 3D models, working details, and layouts from Engineering specifications, sketches or verbal instructions for new and existing standard and Special products.
- Actively participates in Engineering Brainstorming Design sessions.
- Prepares Engineering Change Orders and generates new or revised computer generated bills of material for manufacturing of products in accordance with Engineering requests. Prepares preliminary computer generated bills of material for new, revised, or Special products for use in costing and manufacturing planning or feasibility establishment.
- Assist with lab setups and lab testing.
- Accesses online computer information from Bobrick Enterprise System for use in generating or revising Engineering bills of material.
- Checks voicemail and E-mail regularly for communications related to current projects, new tasks being assigned, or technical information requests.
- Uses Microsoft Word and Excel to create and update various documents in relation to current projects and tasks.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Engineering drafting/designing experience.
- Must have CAD mechanical drafting experience (2D and 3D), SolidWorks software.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel are required.
- Must be able to follow both oral and written instructions. Must be able to accurately interpret engineering sketches, notes, and specifications. Must be able to use measuring instruments efficiently.
Job Type: Internship