Freight forwarder is looking for an experienced, full time Air Export Operations employee to handle transportation movements for local, domestic, and international shipments.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Work location is near LAX
- Gather shipment information, create new bookings, handle documentation and data entry.
- Negotiate rates with carriers and truckers
- Prepare / coordinate the necessary documentation for all air export activities
- Communicate with export related authorities, customer and suppliers
- Track shipments and update customers / agents of status
- Liaising with customers to obtain information to ensure correct measures are in place and customers’ needs are met.
- Issue correct documentation as set out in the instructions obtained.
- Arrange on time pick up and deliveries for cargo.
- Maintain all files ensuring they are billed correctly in accordance with procedures provided by management.
- Coordinate with overseas offices, customers, vendors, etc.
- Follow up on daily report for tracking and tracing of shipments, ensure bills of lading and pre-alerts, are issued in a timely manner.
- Create and maintain customer files
- Answering phone calls in a professional and pleasant manner
- Must be tactful, mature, flexible and able to successfully respond to multiple work pressures, adaptable and able to think and act quickly to changing circumstances.
Qualifications and Skills
- Strong Verbal and written communication skills
- At least 1 year work exp. with a Freight Forwarding company.
- General knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to balance multiple priorities
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with agility
After successfully completing and passing a standard 90-day introductory period the employee is provided with the following benefits package. This includes:
- Full Health Insurance Coverage (Medical and Vision) - Paid for by the company - Optional Dental, company pays 25%
- Life and Accidental Insurance Coverage
- Vacation/ Personal/ Sick Days
- Annual Performance review and opportunity for salary adjustment and bonus (contingent upon company financials and on-the-job performances)
- After 1 full year of employment: 401K Retirement Plan with up to 5% company contribution.
Job Type: Full-time