The NFL's Washington, D.C. office is seeking a Government Affairs Staff Assistant to support the Public Policy & Government Affairs team.
Required Education and Experience:
- Manage the administrative needs of the D.C. office, including answering phones, scheduling conference room use, greeting visitors, ordering office supplies, and preparing expense reports
- Support planning and execution of events, including Hill briefings
- Develop and maintain internal and external stakeholder distribution lists
- Draft presentation spreadsheets and general correspondence
- Research public policy issues of relevance to the league
- Assist in administration of the Political Action Committee
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree
- 1-2 years Capitol Hill work experience
- Proficiency in MS Office, including MS Word and MS Excel
Other Key Attributes / Characteristics:
- Working knowledge of office equipment, like printers and fax machines
- Works well in a team environment
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
Expected Hours of Work:
- Responsible for supervising the work of interns, fellows, and/or junior rotational program participants working out of the NFL DC Office
This position is full time -- minimum of 8 hours per day, five days per week -- with frequent after-hours/weekend help needed. This position is temporary with expected duration of one year.
If you'd like to apply for this position, please provide us with your resume, cover letter and two writing samples.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled