FSRI is always looking for candidates that want to make a positive impact on the community we serve in!
Family Service of Rhode Island (FSRI) is a comprehensive non-profit social service organization that manages, through thoughtful coordination and a shared vision, programs across Rhode Island, providing essential resources for underserved individuals, families and communities. We are proud to state that our employees are chosen for their skills and unique abilities relating to client care. Consider being a part of the BEST and BRIGHTEST team!
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The Program Assistant position requires an individual who is able to perform a variety of administrative tasks efficiently. The Program Assistant must be highly organized; proficient in technology; work well with people of all ethnicities and socioeconomic backgrounds; demonstrate a high level of energy, and have the ability to work under pressure and with frequent interruptions. They must also be able to take initiative and use sound judgment.
- Assists with managing the front desk – answering the phone, fielding basic information requests, and taking phone messages.
- Assist residents, visitors and donors that come to the building.
- Prepare weekly financial documents related to deposits and requests for payment for services in a timely manner.
- Management of social media as it pertains to community relationships and philanthropy.
- Compile newsletters, fundraising materials, and advertisement of fundraising events as needed.
- Website updates
- Facilitate communication with constituents regarding upcoming events, fundraising, and volunteer opportunities.
- Assist with the completion and processing of all incident reports.
- Processing in-kind donations including furniture and housewares.
- Provide basic daily support to residents – processing mail, prepare/send paperwork as related to services, accessing donations as needed.
- Preparing programmatic communications as needed in relation to resident shelter compliance.
- Compiling resident calendars on a monthly basis in relation to cooking and shopping for shelter meals.
- Maintain knowledge of program supplies, ordering schedules, and budgetary restrictions.
- Facilitate relationship with Grants & Development department at FSRI to assist with communication surrounding funding and reporting requirements.
- Coordinate with the finance department to ensure proper handling of all accounts payable and receivable including timely & accurate preparation/submission of check requests, deposits, and requisitions
- Performs donor database administration including: data entry, producing reports and donor related correspondence in a professional and timely manner.
- Produce timely and high quality correspondence, reports, and other documents required by Lucy’s Hearth.
- Respond to routine correspondence.
- Maintain accurate and accessible records as required by our Federal and State contracts.
- In collaboration with the Operations Manager, facilitate connections between vendors and facility, schedule appointments for service, negotiate invoices, follow-up on contract renewal as needed.
- Collect monthly rent from residents on an as needed basis.
- Perform other relevant duties and shifts as requested by the Executive Director.
- Excellent organizational, computer skills, and customer skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to organize self and others; to work independently and to take initiative; to prioritize and to proceed logically.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to organize large meetings/functions as well as educate the general public regarding Lucy’s Hearth’s policies and services.
- The position requires reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: This position requires residential and community visits, employees in this position must have the ability to:
- Travel to and from community locations and office site, which could include using walkways, stairs and/or elevators.
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
We offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental and work life benefits. Only together can we continue to grow and make a difference in our communities. Join our team today!
Family Service of Rhode Island provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Family Service of Rhode Island has joined other healthcare leaders and systems around the country in requiring all employees, regardless of their role, to be vaccinated against COVID-19. All new hires must be fully vaccinated by date of hire. If offered a position, will you be fully vaccinated by your date of hire?
Work Location: One location