Area Manager II, Newark NJ
Allocate duties and monitor activity and workflow to ensure that all warehouse production deadlines are met.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Confer with Warehouse Managers and fellow supervisory team throughout distribution center to ensure coordination of all warehouse activities
- Coordinate with production team to ensure all organizational systems are functioning efficiently
- Oversee organization and staging of product for meal kits, ensuring sufficient product is always on hand
- Oversee organization and staging of bundling for meal kits, ensuring sufficient product is always on hand
- Oversee production and flow of outbound kits, ensuring accurate carrier pickup
- Maintain timely updates of productivity throughout shift, promptly communicating any deviations from plan
- Monitor proper use and safe handling of distribution equipment
- Monitor weekly scheduling of team leads and team members
- Ensure compliance with food safety guidelines, production processes are properly executed, and items produced comply with stringent GMP guidelines
- Identify and address GMP violations
- Timely completion of Team Lead Evaluation Checklists
- Communicate all staffing concerns with Warehouse Distribution Manager
- Promptly communicate all safety related issues and concerns
- Any and all other functions as determined by management
- Supervise and effectively lead warehouse food production team leads and team members
- Temperature controlled warehouse environment
- Must be able to withstand temperatures ranging from -20 degrees Fahrenheit to ambient room temperature
- Ability to lift 50 pounds regularly
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time
- Regular stooping, squatting, bending, twisting, and walking
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are varied according to shift and production schedule. The employee is expected to work no less than the designated 40 hour work week. Significant weekend work depending on production schedules.
Required Education and Experience
- High School Diploma (or equivalent) & Bachelor's Degree required
- 2+ years supervising in a food distribution or food production facility
- HACCP certification (preferred)
- SQF certification (bonus points)
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.