Are you looking to join a dedicated team of professionals doing what’s in the best interest of the clients and communities we serve? If you are passionate, engaging, and motivated to make a difference in the lives of our youth, look no further! You may have found your forever home! We have a position open for a Nurse to provide limited medical services to youth in our residential treatment facilities.
Location: West Palm Beach and Ft. Pierce
Hours of Position: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday - Friday (Shift may vary based on staff/client needs)
Education & Experience: Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) preferably with prior experience working with adolescents in a group environment (i.e., emergency shelter, group home, residential facility, etc.).
Duties and Responsibilities: The agency’s nurse plays a critical role as a member of our multidisciplinary treatment teams at our adolescent residential treatment centers in Ft. Pierce and West Palm Beach. A “day in the life” of our nurse may include the following activities:
- Collaborating with the Medical Director to ensure youth are medically cleared to be admitted to the residential program (i.e., conducting medical histories, reviewing lab results, etc.);
- Providing medication education to youth and their families;
- Reviewing the Medication Observation Records to ensure compliance with agency and industry standards;
- Conducting medication counts and working with families to ensure refills are brought to the center in a timely manner;
- Responding to youth who report feeling ill and triaging as appropriate;
- Following-up with youth and their families after any significant medical incident;
- Communicating with outside healthcare providers regarding client medical issues;
- Participating on the Safety & Risk Management and Wellness Promotion committees;
- Facilitating health education groups to youth and/or their families;
- Conducting First Aid, CPR, medication education, safety and other health-related trainings to staff, clients and their families;
- Providing HIV prevention education and pre- and post-test counseling to youth;
- Communicating with agency staff regarding any medical or safety issues in the facilities; and
- Ensuring client’s rights and confidentiality are maintained at all times.
Must be able to pass a Level II Background Screening and a urinalysis test, have a valid Florida Driver’s License, reliable transportation, and willingness to travel regularly to both residential facilities in Ft. Pierce and West Palm Beach.
Drug Abuse Treatment Association (DATA) is Southeast Florida’s premier behavioral health agency serving youth and families. Our team of over 100 experienced and dedicated staff provide a full continuum of behavioral health services including outreach, prevention, intervention, Treatment Accountability for Safer Communities (TASC), outpatient, and residential treatment to communities in Palm Beach, Martin, Okeechobee, St. Lucie, and Indian River counties. In addition to our two outpatient and residential facilities in West Palm Beach and Ft. Pierce, we are also co-located in schools, Department of Juvenile Justice facilities, and with other community partners. If you have a “Can Do” attitude and are committed to doing what is in the best interest of the youth, families and communities we serve, we encourage you to consider joining our team.
Full time members of our team are eligible for the following benefits:
- Choices of outstanding health insurance plans, including optional vision and dental plans (the agency covers 85% - 90% of the cost!);
- Pension contribution (last year was 15%);
- Tuition aid reimbursement;
- Clinical supervision for licensure or certification;
- Qualified employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program;
- Paid Time Off accruing day one and available on the 91st day; and
- $20,000 life insurance policy.
If you would like additional information regarding the agency or the career opportunities below, please contact our friendly Human Resources Department at 561.743.1034.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $36,000.00 to $40,000.00 /year