The Billing Coordinator is responsible for performing all billing/collection functions for the facility. Responsibilities include:
- Accurately & promptly apply insurance payments and recommend adjustments as applicable.
- Contact clients to collect on outstanding account balances.
- Demonstrate strong, professional communication and interpersonal skills with clients and co-workers, with ability to act as a team player in a professional and positive manner.
- Maintain accurate and thorough records.
- Ensure compliance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
- Maintain confidentiality of clientele and business.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Basic understanding of insurance terminology (out-of-network benefits vs. in-network benefits, coinsurance, co-pays and deductibles), in addition to general billing practices.
- Healthcare experience with billing, coding, and collections preferred
- Able to pay attention to detail, with outstanding customer service skills.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $14.00 /hour
- Billing, Insurance or Medical: 1 year