Engages individuals in the community and assists in navigating and accessing health care and community services, adopt healthy behaviors, and overcome barriers to health. Supports programs that promote, maintain, and improve individual and community health.
1. Participates in community outreach, enrollment and engagement activities including:
- Conducting outreach in the community and “meets people where they are” including apartment/housing complexes, community sites.
- Builds trust and relationships with individuals in their community
- Enrolls patients in programs and makes referrals to community-based resources.
- Attends community meetings or health fairs as necessary.
- Communicates the outreach plan and strategy for a particular community.
2. Utilizing standard data collection tools and interviewing skills, observes, measures records and reports data related to a patient’s health status including but not limited to:
- Individual medical, health care and support needs.
3. Works with members to create individualized action plans for achieving patient’ stated goals for recovery.
4. Assists in making appointments, follow up on medication tasks related to medication adherance, and identifying barriers to good health as needed.
5. Demonstrates excellent communication skills with individuals, patients, healthcare providers and colleagues.
- Shows respect for individuals, their families, communities and colleagues
- Explains basic health concepts in ways that are familiar to patients and families.
6. Performs related duties as required.
- High School Diploma or GED, preferred
- Completion of an approved apprentice program or prior related work or educational experience in a healthcare or community service setting, required.
- Knowledge of healthcare programs and community resources required.
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with patients and families of diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Bilingual, based upon community needs, preferred.