Job Title FWS Help Desk Technical Assistant Department Coggin College of Business (CCB) Dean's Office Position Number 916200 Requisition Number 061690 Position Type Federal Work Study Full Time/Part Time Part-Time Time-limited through 04/24/2020 Hours 20 hours per week Hourly Rate $8.46 - $11.00 Job Summary/Responsibilities
The Coggin College of Business Help Desk, located in building 42, is seeking energetic and independent individuals for an entry‐ level position providing first level technical support to the college’s faculty, staff, and classrooms via telephone, email, or in person. This position offers flexible hours and on the job training. It does include some shifts which extend after 5pm, and a few hours on the weekend throughout semester.
Job duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Consistently demonstrate exceptional customer service
- Provide clients with first level contact and problem resolution for hardware, software, network, and application issues on Windows and Macintosh platforms
- Obtain and convey concise information via the ticketing system for both external and internal service personnel following documentation standards
- Resolve client-reported issues, expertise permitting, using available resources following ITS procedures and guidelines
- Escalate tickets as appropriate in a timely manner following Help Desk procedures
- Act as liaison between clients and internal support staff to ensure accurate
interpretation of the reported issue and maintain communication with clients during the resolution process
- Complete training in order to enhance and improve support to the college
- Develop and maintain knowledge of Help Desk supported products and services
- Develop troubleshooting skills by utilizing available Help Desk tools and ITS Knowledge Base articles
This is position begins on January 15, 2020 and ends on April 24, 2020.
This posting is for UNF students who are eligible for and accept Federal Work Study (FWS) funding. We are looking for students who:
- Possess exceptional customer service skills
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to adapt to changing dynamics in workflow
- Ability to support clients both remotely and on-site
- Experience and ability to work with Windows 10
- Experience and ability to work with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Experience and ability to work with OSX/macOS Sierra, High Sierra, and Mojave
- Virus remediation
- Configuring Exchange accounts and connecting to wireless networks on mobile operating systems
- A+ certification
Statement(s) of Understanding Statement(s) of Understanding Definition EOD
The University of North Florida (UNF) is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all who interact in our community. In building this environment, we strive to attract students, faculty and staff from a variety of cultures, backgrounds and life experiences. The University of North Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not commit or permit discrimination or harassment on the basis of genetic information, race, color, religion, age, sex, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, or veteran status in any educational, employment, social, recreational program or activity that it offers. In addition, UNF will not commit or permit retaliation against an individual who complains of discrimination or harassment or an individual who cooperates in an investigation of an alleged violation of University Regulation.
UNF is a Carnegie Community Engaged Institution. This designation celebrates the University’s collaboration with community partners from the local to the global level. It reflects UNF’s mission to contribute to the public good and prepare educated, engaged citizens.
The University of North Florida promotes the quality and effectiveness of education and strives to maintain the highest standards of academic excellence in all phases of instruction, research/scholarship/creative activity, and service.
Posting Detail Information
Anticipated Start Date 01/15/2020
Job Posting Date 12/06/2019
Application Review Date 01/08/2020
Application Deadline 01/15/2020
Open Until Filled Yes
Point of Contact Information Jennifer Hunter, 904-620-1499, email@example.com
Hiring Official Jennifer Hunter, 904-620-1499, firstname.lastname@example.org
Location if not Jacksonville
Applicants must complete an online application, as well as upload supplemental documents, at www.unfjobs.org in order to be considered for this position. Applicants who do not apply online and/or upload all the required documents will not be considered for this position. Once you submit both your completed application and uploaded documents you will receive a confirmation number. Keep the confirmation number for your records. If you have any questions about this position, please contact Jennifer Hunter at (904) 620-1499, or email@example.com.