The M&A Associate reports to the Vice President of M&A with line of sight to C-Level leadership, including the Chief Executive Officer, Chief Financial Officer, and Chief Operating Officer. The position will be part of a strategic team responsible for leading the execution of a high velocity M&A strategy. This individual will be expected to balance a variety of responsibilities and daily reporting duties with an emphasis on project timeline execution and delivering outstanding work product on a consistent basis. The role offers significant potential for career growth and development through comprehensive due diligence and transaction execution experience, and high visibility to senior leadership.
Key Responsibilities Summary:
· Evaluate and analyze financial data for potential M&A transactions.
· Support identification and screening of potential acquisition targets and manage a comprehensive acquisition pipeline list.
· Monitor industry and competitor trends, business and capital markets environment, and consumer and customer trends to inform the company’s M&A strategy.
· Perform valuation analysis and create detailed financial forecasts for potential transactions.
· Prepare diligence materials, company overview presentations and investment recommendations that will be delivered to executive leadership and the Board of Directors.
· Support management with in-depth and/or ad hoc analysis.
· Protect highly confidential information, both internally and externally, and use discretion in communications.
· Adhere to the company’s values and support the company vision and mission.
· Support organic growth and other strategic initiatives at the Company.
· Continuously improve M&A analysis, presentations, financial models, deal processes and procedures, and due diligence processes.
· Travel required for new business development, due diligence, site visits, and off-site meetings with transaction counterparties and external advisors.
Requirements and Position Expectations:
· Ability to source and analyze complex technical and financial information.
· Ability to analyze financial statements and build detailed financial models.
· Ability to work through large volumes of data and condense to a workable form.
· Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
· High level of attention to detail and ability to maintain accuracy while managing multiple tasks.
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with specific ability to translate complex information into an organized and presentable manner.
· Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams and external advisors.
· Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
Qualifications & Experience:
· 2+ years of experience in investment banking, corporate finance, or M&A advisory services.
· Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or related field.
About Blue Cardinal Home Services Group:
Blue Cardinal Home Services Group (“Blue Cardinal”) is a multi-regional network of leading home services companies, specializing in residential HVAC, plumbing, and electrical services. For over 45 years, Blue Cardinal partner companies have proudly served customers with a reputation for outstanding quality and customer service. Blue Cardinal invests heavily in its team members and partner companies, including providing industry-leading training programs and advanced technology and equipment, to enable them to achieve their full potential and serve their communities with excellent service.
Blue Cardinal is backed by Percheron Capital (“Percheron”), a leading private equity firm focused on partnering with high-quality essential services businesses. Percheron’s extensive operational capabilities and deep resources have enabled Blue Cardinal to make considerable investments in its team members, support systems, and infrastructure to accelerate growth while maintaining its strong reputation for outstanding quality and customer service.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Work Location: In person