Landscaping - Estimator/Project Manager
Place Services, Inc. is a nationwide Commercial General Contractor and Subcontractor company that has seen exponential growth in the last 2 years. Our motto is building our company by building our people; if you’re willing to invest in PSI we will invest in you. One of our most recent developments is the creation of the landscaping division. As such we are looking for an eager individual with the experience to lead a new team. The project manager/estimator is a dynamic position offering a unique opportunity to be at the forefront of this division.
The expectations for this role are as follows:
- Estimate and design landscape and site services from complete designed ownership to translation of client’s concepts and designs
- Manage Foreman and/or Site Supervisors, along with multiple crews and ensure jobs are managed within required time frames and meet quality standards established by the Company.
- Accomplish project objectives by selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees. Motivate and lead high performing field teams.
- Inquire about upcoming bids with client base
- Create network of new clients
- Design and estimate upcoming projects to achieve a high bid acceptance rate
- Review bid documents – drawings, scope, specifications etc.
- Prepare estimates utilizing estimating software
- Submit bid proposals accurately and on time
- Follows up with clients on bid status
- Review contract documents upon award
- Overseeing of project management activities including; schedule costs, staffing, change orders, client satisfaction.
- Communication with clients, project architects, subcontractors etc.
- Project billing and costs evaluation
- Experience as a landscape/ site services estimator or similar position
- Familiarity with financial and project management principles
- In-depth knowledge of Horticultural practices, irrigation installation and landscape architecture design
- Understanding of turf management, best horticultural practices and plant industry standards
- Expertise in a variety of research and data analysis methods and estimation formulas
- Proficient computer skills – Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Excellent math skills
- Proficient in Plan Swift
- Ability to independently problem solve and interact with clients
Ideal fit for PSI:
- Salary based on experience
- Health & wellness benefits after 30 days of full-time employment
- 401k retirement savings plan after 90 days of full-time employment
- Growth opportunities throughout the organization
- Generous personal time off program and 7 paid holidays
- Family owned and operated business
- 4+ years landscaping experience/ designed/estimating/project management
- 3 years in residential or commercial landscaping or site development and/design.
- 4 years in residential and in a commercial, industrial, or facilities installations.
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills.
- Capacity to work independently.
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills.
As an EEO employer, Place Services, Inc. is committed to providing all applicants and employees with equal access to employment opportunities, regardless of sex, race, age, color, national origin, disability, pregnancy, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Place Services, Inc. shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on protected veteran status or disability and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.