HMS TECHNOLOGIES is seeking a Sr. Architect with experience on enterprise McAfee implementations deployed to the AWS cloud to join a team providing customization and deployment of an enterprise-wide solution and ongoing technical support for the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). The qualified candidate will have experience leading the planning, design and implementation of new system solutions to meet the requirements of the VA customer. The candidate must be well versed in Agile development life cycles and methodologies. Familiarity with Government contract work is beneficial. This is a full-time remote position.
HMS TECHNOLOGIES, INC. (HMS) is an US Small Business Administration (SBA) and Center for Veterans Enterprise (CVE)-verified Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Business (SDVOSB) who provides Federal clients system and technology integration, program management, business process optimization, and enterprise solutions. In addition to our technology integration services, HMS is a Value Added Reseller (VAR), acquiring best-in-class products (HP, CA, Dell, EMC, Lexmark, and others) to provide fully comprehensive solutions. HMS was incorporated in 2003 as an SDVOSB.
- Possess an expert understanding of the as-is architecture of all systems in the program
- Possess knowledge of VA Enterprise Architecture objectives and ensure the program is in alignment
- Review Technical Reference Model (TRM) to ensure all system elements are approved and design architecture that ensures continued compliance
- Plan, design, and document the to-be state of the system
- Create system designs that include system schematics, including system and subsystem performance-based descriptions and key interfaces between them, and interfaces to the existing software and Health Portfolio interfaces
- Ability to work with a blended team of system administrators, network administrators, 3rd party engineers and VA staff to achieve solution objectives.
- Capable of “rolling up the sleeves” and working with 3rd party engineers to deploy, configure and test enterprise solution.
- Create the following architecture artifacts: design simulations, conceptual diagrams, and working reference models
- Design and service prototypes that demonstrate: service bus, process management, business rules enforcement and decisions services, use of advanced testing methods
- Communicate architecture to stakeholders and team members in a format that will demonstrate functionality, assist development teams, and achieve customer acceptance
- Review backlog to ensure bi-directional alignment between items in the backlog and the architecture
- Provide technical support for VA Enterprise Architecture review meetings and decisions
- Communicate with stakeholders, and partnering system representation, to arrive at consensus solutions and compromise resolutions for problems that may arise as a result of the technical interfaces and functional dependencies
- Perform system gap analysis to identify areas where the system can add additional value and incorporate results into the system design
Required Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrated success as a Software/Systems Architect, showing a track record of planning, designing, and implementing large software systems
- Experience with Enterprise security solutions (McAfee MVision)
- Experience with modeling and modeling tools
- Experience designing large systems with multiple internal and external interfaces using varied interface methods
- Experience with designing and defining data standards for data elements, data flows and data transformation
- Experience designing systems that comply with government security and privacy requirements
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and client-facing skills with experience interfacing senior government officials
- Experience developing and reviewing project documentation, such as System Design Documents
- Experience supporting corporate business development activities, including proposals
- Master’s degree in computer science, engineering, engineering management, math, or similar technical discipline (10 years of experience may be substituted for education)
- 5 years’ relevant experience as a software/systems architect for large systems
- Experience working in VA or other Government agency [desired]
- Public Trust Clearance or the ability to obtain a clearance
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- VA Enterprise Architecture: 3 years (Required)
- software/systems architect: 5 years (Required)
- Veterans Affairs or Department of Defense: 5 years (Required)
- Enterprise security solutions (McAfee MVision): 3 years (Required)