An immediate opening is available for a Supervisor to lead the Land Development Department. The Land Development Department reviews, coordinates, and supports design and construction for developer-built and County projects, with a focus on customer service for both internal and external customers.
The Supervisor will manage the Land Development team related to workload and project review with a focus on ensuring conformance with applicable standards, policies, procedures, and governing laws. The Land Development team is an integral part of Loudoun Water and coordinates and communicates across the organization. This position reports to the Director of Development and Construction Services.
Essential Functions include:
- Coordinate and supervise the duties of the Land Development Department, including management of workload and schedules; develop, implement, and update department policies, processes, and procedures.
- Review/process new water and sanitary sewer connection permits, construction permits, license agreements, developer agreements, deeds, easements, and Virginia Department of Health (VDH)-related correspondence; review/release sureties.
- Participate in the design review process to ensure construction documents meet VDH and Loudoun Water requirements; participate in field-related issues requiring solution and consensus.
- Attend and represent the team in project, internal committee, and coordination meetings with both internal and external parties as necessary.
- Supervise staff and manage personnel actions, including the evaluation and hiring of new staff and executing periodic one-on-ones with staff to coach and counsel.
The ideal candidate will have strong leadership and interpersonal skills, be well-organized and highly motivated. Knowledge in Land Development practices or ability to acquire knowledge quickly is preferred. Design knowledge regarding civil engineering development-related construction plans and experience in the application of design and construction principles is desired. Familiarity with Loudoun County development processes and the Loudoun Water Engineering Design Manual is preferred.
Requirements: BS degree in Civil Engineering or related field with progressively responsible project engineering in the design and construction of public water and sewer systems. Prior supervisory experience is preferred. Licensed as a Professional Engineer in the Commonwealth of Virginia or the ability to obtain VA PE or VA reciprocity within 6 months from start of employment is required.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with strong communication skills and the desire to work in a cross-functional team environment.