Pearson Candy Company is an iconic chocolate and confectionery manufacturer headquartered in Saint Paul, Minnesota. We have a rich history of making candy since 1909. Pearson's promotes collaboration and teamwork across the organization.
We are currently seeking a Maintenance Technician to join our team! The Maintenance Technician performs highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment. Perform all work in accordance with safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives.
Full-time Sunday - Thursday, 3rd shift (10:00 pm – 6:30 am)
$26.04 per hour + $0.25/hour shift differential
- Maintain, troubleshoot and repair all production equipment.
- Problem solving machine breakdowns and manufacturing processes in order to maximize production.
- Overhaul and install new equipment.
- Build and fabricate parts.
- Perform scheduled preventive maintenance requirements.
- Complete assigned work orders in a timely manner.
- Perform equipment change-overs and production line set ups.
- Responsible for working safely and maintaining a safe work environment, following all established safety rules, procedures and policies.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Experience with mechanical systems and automation equipment.
- Prior diagnostic/troubleshooting and preventive maintenance experience.
- Electrical experience preferred.
- Demonstrated mechanical and technical aptitude
- Demonstrated ability to solve machine problems, complete assigned tasks timely, work independently with minimal supervision and communicate effectively with others.
- Knowledge of PLC, pneumatic, electronic and mechanical systems.
- Able to work with foods including milk, soy, eggs, wheat, peanuts and tree nuts.
- Passing a background check and drug test required before starting work, if offered a position.
Pearson Candy Company offers a competitive compensation package that includes medical and dental insurance, paid time off, paid life insurance, paid short-term disability, and 401k with match.
Pearson Candy Company is an equal opportunity employment.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $26.04 /hour