Workday Conversions Developer, Sr Consultant
Deloitte’s Emerging ERP Solutions practice works closely with clients across a wide spectrum of industries to identify and implement SaaS based Enterprise Resource Planning systems such as Workday Financials, or Infor packages, as well as Enterprise Performance Management software like Adaptive Insights. Our team’s goal is to deliver transformational solutions optimized for our client’s unique business needs.
Work you'll do
Senior Consultants work within an engagement team and responsibilities will include:
- Contribute as a senior member of the team identifying technical requirements, Design, Build, Implement, and Support New and Existing Integration Solutions across Multiple Applications Platform
- Handle Projects across Multiple Conversion initiatives
- Collaborate with Global Cross-Functional Teams spread across diverse time zones
- Communicate Conversion Solutions across Product, Business, QA, DevOps, Partner Development Organizations
- Formulate planning, budgeting, forecasting and reporting strategies.
- 3+ years of relevant consulting or industry experience
- 2+ years of experience leading workstreams or small teams
- 2+ years of SaaS/Cloud based ERP
- 3+ years of hands-on ETL/data pipeline development experience, leveraging industry-standard tools
- Experience with SOA using SOAP and REST with API management
- Design, develop, and implement high-quality data migration solutions in order to meet project expectations and deadlines.
- Strong working knowledge of Relational Database Management Systems, Web Services APIs, and SQL with an emphasis on ETL, performance tuning, and analytics use cases
- Familiarity programming in languages commonly used for data management and data science/statistics, such as Python
- Collaborate across teams for mapping data from legacy systems, transforming data, loading data, and building custom data migration solutions.
- Support and lead other team members on projects
- Utilize your excellent problem-solving skills to meet business requirements with technical solutions.
- Excellent problem identification, analysis and solving skills; an innate ability to utilize all resources at your disposal to find a creative solution to a problem, whether business/functional or technical in nature
- A desire to take initiative and continuously work on improving the products you are responsible for
- A general interest in relevant emerging technologies such as cloud-native services, and a constant thirst to further your own technical abilities
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Hands-on experience with full suite of software lifecycle tools (Confluence, ALM, Jira, Stash, Jenkins, Artifactory, etc.)
- Willingness for weekly client-based travel, up to 80-100% (Monday — Thursday/Friday)
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent professional experience
- Experience with data migration and management projects from beginning to end. Experience with data management activities on a cloud platform is a plus.
- Technical development experience with database programming languages and concepts (e.g. ETL, P/L-SQL, T-SQL, Stored Procedures, Views, etc.)
- Technical development experience with object-oriented programming languages and concepts (e.g. C#, Java, C++, etc.)
- Technical development experience with Web Services, SOAP and REST APIs (e.g. XML, XSD, XSLT, J-SON, etc.)
- Familiarity with ERP / Financial data (e.g., GL, Invoices, Payments, etc.)
- Data modeling and solution design experience
- Previous consulting experience implementing software solutions
- Ability to accurately scope, adjust when requirements change, and accurately allocate level of effort for tasks.
- Ability to work well with a team of highly talented software professionals in a rapid development environment
- Experience with large data sets.
- Excellent Excel skills
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose:
to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.