- 6+ years of System Engineering experience in a related industry
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- Hands-on experience managing efforts in Unix environments, distributed systems and/or developing large-scale web applications as well as strong understanding of database technology
- Familiarity with Linux
- Good scripting skills in one or more of Perl, Python, Ruby, Bash or Java.
- Experience with current web technologies
- Proven experience working with senior leadership and experience defining and delivering on a product roadmap
This position requires that the candidate selected be a U.S. citizen and obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph.
Have you ever thought about helping U.S. Intelligence Community agencies implement innovative cloud computing solutions and solve technical problems? Would you like to do this using the latest cloud computing technologies?
Amazon Web Services is a dynamic and rapidly growing business within Amazon.com. We are building some of the largest and most complex distributed systems in the world, and we need world class people to help us implement and operate them.
The AWS Region Services Launch team is looking to hire highly motivated, best-in-class hands-on Systems Engineers. The Launch Team drives new services from idea to operations, building and launching new services while developing and influencing teams across AWS.
Systems Engineers within our team are instrumental in creating, automating, deploying, operating and scaling a massive always-on distributed system. We are seeking passionate engineers with strong systems engineering skills who pro-actively automate away problems and constantly look to improve quality of service.
The ideal candidate will have thrived in operating complex systems, diagnosing and resolving the hardest corner case problems. You are fast on your feet and excited by the challenge of working in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift quickly. In addition to your linux systems skills you will be very comfortable with networking & database technologies. You must be able to triage situations quickly and work equally well with internal engineers and external customers to bring about swift problem resolution in ways that persist and are reusable for multiple services.
- omputer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design and problem solving
- Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
- Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals
- Experience with agile methodologies
- A solid grasp of networking fundamentals, preferably including hands-on experience with load balancers, switches, routers, etc
- Position Location: Seattle, WA or Herndon, VA
**If you are interested in scheduling a time to discuss this role in greater detail feel free to contact Kevin Healy directly at firstname.lastname@example.org **
If you’re interested in learning more about this role and others that are similar, please join AWS recruiters at our next virtual TEXTING based open house: https://app.brazenconnect.com/a/AWS/s/4LoBX/next?utm_medium=Career+Sites&utm_source=External+Postings
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/Age