Field Marketing Representative
This position is at the forefront of MTI Global Services’ Sales and Marketing efforts to increase client sales at the retail store level. The candidate should have diverse skills that include a focus on detail, relationship building and the ability to communicate effectively with key personnel (retail store sales associates, general managers, sales managers) and consumers. This position combines weekly or bi-weekly training store visits combined with periodic project based selling day and special events.
Skills and Requirements:
- Primary duty is to create consumer awareness, product brand preference, and product mind share for hardware and software companies at the retail store level
- Influence others to share enthusiasm for both the company and the product line
- Ability to merchandise client products and/or manage the client objectives in an assigned territory
- Position requires gathering client product competitive intelligence at the store level
- Effectively collect and communicate product information/data through appropriate channels
- Efficiently and effectively train retail personnel on products and selling techniques
- Ability to visually access on-site needs i.e., product and promotional/marketing material stocking
- Meet timely required reporting deadlines
- Periodic travel to attend other company sponsored training events or client sponsored special events, or to cover other market areas as needed
- Occasionally assist in selling days – selling products directly to customers in retail stores.
- Good knowledge and experience with consumer electronics and various other consumer-based electronics products
- Technically savvy and computer proficient
- Computer with daily email access
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Must have the willingness and ability to build relationships at the retail store level on behalf of both MTI Global Services and our clients
- Professional image and approach to business
- Friendly demeanor, easy to approach, energetic
- Group training, demonstrating or presentation experience
- Retail sales or retail management is a plus
- Quick learner who is self-motivated
- Ability to self-train on client product(s)
- Ability to lift 20 pounds, as needed (for arranging store displays)
- Reliable transportation with valid state driver’s license and proof of auto insurance
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER