Yourway Biopharma Services is seeking a dynamic and experienced Warehouse Senior Manager to lead our Biopharma warehouse and distribution. The ideal candidate will have a track record of excellence in leading and managing daily warehouse operations and teams, streamlining processes, and maximizing efficiency.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee Daily Operations: Oversee daily warehouse activities including receiving, inventory, space management, logistics, floor productivity, packaging, shipping, and scheduling to ensure smooth and efficient operations meet customer and quality expectations (internal and external).
- Compliance: Ensure all warehouse activities align with GMP standards. Comply with federal, state, and local warehousing, material handling, and shipping requirements by studying existing and new legislation.
- Team Leadership: Lead, mentor, and develop a team of warehouse staff, setting clear expectations and providing regular feedback. Maintain warehouse staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Inventory Management: Utilize inventory control systems to ensure accuracy, reduce discrepancies, and maintain inventory levels and visibility to meet customer expectations.
- Process Improvement: Utilize Lean principles and tools to continuously analyze current processes to identify / root cause inefficiencies and implement strategies to improve them. Meet regularly with warehouse team to analyze productivity and develop actionable plans for loss prevention
- Safety: Safeguard warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols. Champion a culture of safety by enforcing safety protocols and training.
- Budget Management: Develop and manage the warehouse budget, including labor costs, supplies, and maintenance. Analyze variances as needed to achieve financial objectives.
- Equipment Management: Oversee the maintenance, operation, and replacement of warehouse equipment, ensuring that it remains in optimal condition.
- Facilities Management: Coordinate with Facilities and Quality teams to maintain warehouse, ensuring legal, regulatory, and safety requirements are met
- Liaise with Stakeholders: Work closely with other departments, including quality, project management, customer service, production, and sales, to prepare for future demand and ensure product availability.
- Reporting: Provide regular reports on warehouse performance, continuous improvement initiatives, inventory levels, and other key metrics.
- Visual Management: Utilize visual management techniques to communicate information to increase efficiency, productivity, and awareness of staff and stakeholders
- Experience: 7 - 10 years of warehouse management experience, preferably in the biopharmaceutical industry or a GMP-regulated environment.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Logistics, Supply Chain Management, or a related field preferred.
- Skills: Excellent leadership and organizational skills, strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and an understanding of warehousing and inventory management best practices.
- GMP: Strong understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and its application to warehouse operations.
- Software: Proficiency with warehouse, transportation, and inventory management software and tools.
- Certifications: Certifications related to warehouse management or supply chain can be advantageous. Lean Six Sigma certification (Green or Black belt) is a plus. Forklift certification required.
- Physical Requirements: Ability to lift up to 50 lbs., stand for extended periods, and move around a warehouse environment.
Job Type: Full-time
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Allentown, PA 18106: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Willing to undergo a background check
- Forklift Certification (Required)
Work Location: In person