- Construction Experience
- Project Management
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Office
Ampler Development is the real estate, development and construction division of Ampler QSR Group; a large multi brand franchisee of Burger King, Church’s Chicken and Little Caesars restaurants throughout the United States. We are currently seeking a self-starting, strong-willed and results driven candidate for the role of Construction Manager for our portfolio of restaurants.
The construction manager is responsible for overseeing all remodel and ground up construction obligations for the Ampler Development group. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to construction project management, installation assistance, operations coordination, as well as R&M service activities.
The construction manager will report to the director of construction and shall be responsible for the management of the Burger King portfolio. The manager is responsible for site visits and ensuring the timely and accurate preparation and submission of reports as necessary for daily/weekly upper level management review.
Construction Manager Responsibilities
- Oversee Ampler restaurant ground up and remodel construction projects from beginning to completion. Includes involvement in budgeting, bidding process, pre-bid meetings, pre-con mtgs., onsite visits, punch list walkthroughs etc.
- Construction Manager will be the direct point of contact for all general contractor and superintendent needs.
- Coordination on all remodel and ground up material/ equipment /décor for delivery/installations with GC.
- Work alongside the President & Director of Construction in reviewing each project in-depth to schedule deliverables and accurately estimate costs and adhere to budgets and timelines.
- Make routine, daily / weekly visits to all sites undergoing remodels and ground up construction to ensure compliance, schedule completion, as well as prepare project reports pertaining to job status and review with leadership team on a daily/weekly basis.
- Facility management duties will involve sourcing solutions for R&M issues in the restaurant portfolio
- Facility management duties will include monitoring/tracking R&M ticket process, providing reporting for completion, costs, building/maintaining budget etc.
Required Job Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints/construction plans and have a strong understanding of construction trades
- Strong leadership skills and ability to effectively communicate and connect with vendors, general contractors, co-workers, and subcontractors is required.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills particularly while in the field and on the road.
- Must be proficient in MS Office programs- Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point etc.
- Up to 75% Travel is required with multiple overnights depending on location, stage and duration of project.
Education and Experience - Construction Management, Engineering, or related degree required
- 10+ years development industry experience, 5+ years Construction/Project Manager experience. Experience in Restaurant or C-Store construction is required.
Job Type: Full-time
- Restaurant or C-Store Construction Management: 3 years (Required)
- Construction / Project Management: 5 years (Required)
- Managing multiple projects at once: 5 years (Required)