Part-time$1,200 - $3,400 a month
- Bachelor's degree
Full Job Description
Evision Academy is a unique school looking for a unique teacher. We work exclusively with visually impaired students and we offer our services remotely. As you are accustomed to in your district, you will function as a consultant/expert on visual impairment and the classroom for our schools, students and parents.
We are looking for a committed TVI to complement our highly qualified workforce of educators of the visually impaired.
As we all learned this school year, working online presents a very specific set of challenges while also uncovering major rewards. It will be fundamental to provide knowledge and instruction to students while also helping them develop their personalities and skills. Working within the Expanded Core Curriculum skills, you will be a lifeline for your caseload of students.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for the job with an ability to reach out to students and create a relationship of mutual trust. They will know how to organize a class and make learning an easy and meaningful process. The goal is to help cultivate the students’ interest in education and be their dedicated ally in the entire process of learning and development.
- Present lessons in a comprehensive manner and use visual/audio means to facilitate learning
- Provide instruction to visually impaired students on caseload by promoting interactive learning
- Create and distribute educational content as needed (notes, summaries, assignments etc.)
- Assess and record students’ progress and provide grades and feedback
- Collaborate with other teachers, parents and stakeholders and participate in regular meetings
- Update IEP records and conduct student assessments as needed
- Proven experience as a teacher
- Some experience with online platforms like Zoom or Microsoft Teams
- Knowledge of teaching best practices and special education guidelines partnered with a willingness to follow Evision Academy policies and procedures
- Excellent communicability and interpersonal skills
- Well-organized and committed
- Creative and energetic
- Strong moral values and discipline
- State Certification in Visual Impaired Teaching required; Willingness to apply for additional state licensures
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $1,208.00 - $3,449.00 per month
- Teacher of the Visually Impaired Certification (Preferred)