John B Ward & Co.
King of Prussia, PA
John B. Ward, Inc. is a 63 year old family business focused on providing the highest level of tree and shrub care. We have 15 ISA Certified Arborists and are a TCIA Accredited company.
We are looking for motivated people with a genuine interest in trees and shrubs to join our growing plant health care team. This position is perfect for a person who has worked in the landscape industry and is seeking a higher paying opportunity with an established family business.
· Perform treatments of trees and shrubs by trunk injections, soil injections, soil drench, and foliar spray.
· Frequently communicate with clients regarding their trees and shrubs.
· Become proficient with all application methods and knowledgeable of materials used in plant health care.
· Availability to join the pruning team in the winter months.
· Strong tree and shrub identification skills.
· Ability to learn and understand tree and shrub insect and disease issues.
· Ability to perform strenuous manual labor and work in all weather conditions.
· A degree in horticulture or related fields preferred. Experience working in the tree care or landscaping field.
· Strong people skills.
· Valid driver’s license.
We offer a competitive compensation program including excellent benefits.
Please visit our website at http://www.johnbward.com to learn more about John B. Ward and to experience the culture of our company.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Paid time off
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture