CHRS Training Manager
Downtown Long Beach
Job Code 3318
Job Grade Range A
Department Learning & Development
Chancellor's Office Statement
Join our team at the California State University, Office of the Chancellor, and make a difference in providing access to higher education. We are currently seeking experienced candidates for the position of CHRS Training Manager. The CSU Chancellor's Office, located on the waterfront adjacent to the Aquarium of the Pacific in downtown Long Beach, is the headquarters for the nation's largest and most diverse system of higher education. The CSU Chancellor's Office offers a premium benefit package that includes outstanding vacation, health, and dental plans; a fee waiver education program; membership in the California Public Employees Retirement System (PERS); and 14 paid holidays a year.
Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The California State University, Office of the Chancellor, is seeking a CHRS Training Manager to join the systemwide Learning & Development team and support the CHRS team. This position is responsible for managing and supporting the development and delivery of training programs for the CSU systemwide Common Human Resource System (CHRS) initiative. The CHRS Program is a multi-year, multi-million-dollar significant change initiative that will serve to transform Human Resource services across the 23-campus CSU System.
Under the direction of the Assistant Vice Chancellor of Learning & Development and working closely with the CHRS Program Director, this position is responsible for managing and supporting the development and delivery of training programs for the CSU systemwide Common Human Resource System (CHRS) initiative. In this role, the CHRS Training Manager will manage the following functions:
- Manage the design of in-house and expert third parties content training solution for the CHRS project.
- Create and maintain curriculum components to be delivered on various platforms.
- Work closely with subject matter experts (SME), design storyboards and course template, build navigation/branching and interaction tools, review and update in conjunction with SME, conduct QA and testing, and deliver learning curriculum to build the expertise of campus constituencies.
- Provide campuses with tools to leverage technology, improve teaching and learning in the classroom and online, including the redesign of courses for hybrid and online delivery.
- Provide training on various technologies and techniques to campus training administrators to ensure the in-person and electronic-based curriculum meets their andragogic goals and is accessible and consistent with prevailing standards. Such standards include, but not limited to, andragogic design, web design, and accessibility.
- Determine and recommend instructional methods and training techniques leveraging current technology options in alignment with the training needs assessments and the delivery training options identified in collaboration with the Campus Training teams.
- Identify and evaluate existing documentation to determine the most appropriate content and training method to meet the demands of the learning objectives and audience.
- Manage course quality assurance as part of the eLearning design process and test the final product delivered by the designers. QA includes reviewing the quality of video, audio, functionality, and overall experience.
- Oversee the design and upload of CBT content to the Learning Management System.
- Create training specifications to meet requirements, and validate requirements against needs.
- Create both CBT and IL T courses for system wide use. Curate content based on campus and student needs.
- Manage the development and organization of training manuals, online training, and other educational materials.
MANAGEMENT AND DIRECT SUPERVISION
- Manage, directly supervise, train, coach, and support the Training and Instructional Designer, CHRS positions.
- Responsible for building partnerships with the Chancellor's Office Program Team, Campus Project Teams, and third-party vendors to ensure CHRS training is comprehensive and inclusive of all impacted CHRS stakeholders.
- Manage training resources to maximize productivity, efficiency, and quality delivery of training materials and programs.
- Lead the end-user training efforts to promote adoption of the CHRS program and ensure alignment of a training strategy and plan.
- Deliver ILT, webcasts, virtual conferences, and online learning related to CHRS.
- Facilitate on-campus meetings related to CHRS training and training needs.
- Visit CSU campuses to conduct and facilitate in-person CHRS training.
- Work in collaboration with the L&D AVC, CHRS project Director, PMO, CMS, and SMEs on project planning and coordination.
- Support the upgrade and consolidation of the current PeopleSoft Human Capital Management (HCM) system from 9.0 to 9.2.
- Support the implementation of the CHRS Recruiting system utilizing Page Up, a cloud-based SaaS (Software as a Service) application.
- Participate in system design, configuration, and user acceptance testing to experience and build an in depth knowledge of the CHRS system, which is essential for training.
- Consult and collaborate with stakeholders to identify and assess employees' knowledge, skills, and abilities. Identify learning objectives, priorities, and deliverables to meet those needs.
- Manage the development and organization of training manuals, online training, and other educational materials.
- Conduct training needs assessments and studies to determine the scope of training programs to be developed and organizational issues to be addressed; identify future training needs and create a curriculum to facilitate that training.
- Measure learning outcomes and track accordingly.
- Evaluate training results and identify process improvement techniques to promote meaningful modifications to existing training programs.
- Work with campuses and managers to identify training needs.
- Identify campus or end-user CHRS training needs and develop a roadmap for implementation with all related parties to include CHRS team, L&D, CO IT, campus users, SMEs, PMO, and third-party vendors.
- Provide exceptional customer service to our campuses for all their CHRS training needs and beyond.
- Manage key training sessions via CSU' s LMS and Studio.
VENDOR MANAGEMENT AND OTHER DUTIES
- Act as the main contact to vendors with regards to ongoing maintenance of vendor/client processes
- Direct CHRS vendors through content updates and course structure enhancements.
- Facilitate the execution of contracts and agreements with various vendors.
- CHRS Training SharePoint management - responsible for keeping content updated, along with designing and creating new pages as needs arise.
This position requires:
- A Bachelor's degree in business, human resources, organizational development, training and development, adult learning and education, or a related field; or equivalent combination of education and work experience is required.
- Experience with HR Information Systems.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in a training environment to include 3 years' experience in systems learning and online training based on instructional design techniques using adult learning theory producing effective training solutions, both on-line and in-person.
- Minimum 3 years supervisory/managerial experience.
- Ability to demonstrate principles and methods of curriculum and training design, such as ADDIE, SAM or others.
- Demonstrated ability to leverage a range of technology methods and solutions in the development and delivery of training materials - eLearning, blended learning, and adaptive learning solutions.
- Ability to work with functional groups, internal stakeholders, and cross-functional levels of employees to effectively and professionally achieve results and promote a collaborative and supportive environment.
- Ability to multitask, organize, and prioritize work assignments; excellent attention to detail experience with PeopleSoft.
- Ability to lead and manage the translation of technical and functional specifications into user training materials.
- Experience with U AT design and management.
- Experience with creating course assignments on a systemwide level while meeting multiple needs and complexities.
- Experience in. the development of web-based instruction to include eLearning, webcasts, and other computer-based instruction in a corporate/higher education environment.
- Ability to deliver in-person and virtual training session on learning systems and instructional design practices.
- Experience uslng authoring software to include Articulate and Captivate with emphasis on pre and post-production tools.
- Understanding of SCORM/AICC, MP4 format and web-based design tools.
- Proficient in MS Office products.
- Knowledge of universal design principles and creating accessible training materials.
- Ability to design and develop training programs for a wide variety of both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Flexibility to work on various projects and change priorities in a fast-changing environment.
- Ability to work with multiple training vendors to deliver content and systems to the CSU.
- Experience handling confidential an~ sensitive information.
- Demonstrate experience to work effectively as part of a team.
- Demonstrate experience to supervise work.
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical skills that demonstrate an ability to apply logical thinking to gather and analyze information, design and test solutions to problems, formulate plans and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work in a complex environment and coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize them appropriately.
- A strong communicator, both in writing and spoken communications.
- Articulate and confident delivering to large audiences.
- Organized and a self-starter.
- Masters' Degree in Education, Instructional Design or similar field preferred.
- Training & Development Certification( s) preferred.
- Preferred experience in a large higher education setting.
- Experience of partnering with third parties.
Resumes will be accepted until August 29, 2019 or until job posting is removed.
How To Apply
To apply for this posting:
Click 'Apply Now'
Login or Register (Create Username and Password)
Select to apply with resume
Upload one file containing resume. If you would like to include a cover letter, please include it with the resume in one document.
Provide contact information and verify application information.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The university is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, color, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, National origin, sex, sexual orientation, covered veteran status, or any other protected status. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting the Senior Human Resources Manager.
This position requires new hire employment verification to be processed through the E-Verify program administered by the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (DHSUSCIS)' in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA).
If hired, you will be required to furnish proof that you are legally authorized to work in the United States.
Mandated Reporter Per CANRA
The person holding this position is considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Conflict of Interest
The duties of this position will include participation in decisions that may have a material financial benefit to the incumbent. Therefore, the selected candidate will be required to file Conflict of Interest Form 700: Statement of Economic Interest when they first occupy the position, and on an annual basis, complete ethics training within 6 months of appointment, and attend this training every other year thereafter.
The Chancellor's Office policy requires that the selected candidate successfully complete a full background check (including a criminal records check) prior to assuming this position.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency