Pearson Sales Company, Inc. is looking to hire an outstanding Assistant Warehouse Lead at our Newark, CA location.
In business for over 45 years, Pearson Sales is a full line industrial food ingredient distributor that services all food sectors and types of manufacturing. Our customers value our extraordinary level of personal service.
The Assistant Warehouse Lead will be responsible for assisting in the day-to-day operations and scheduling of work performed to internal and external customers in an accurate and timely manner. The ideal candidate will have experience as a warehouse assistant.
Apply today for immediate consideration!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the Warehouse Manager in all warehouse operations and timely workflow.
- Maintain selected work areas & keep them clean from debris to create a safe working environment.
- Arrange for equipment repairs/replacements as needed and ensure accurate and timely shipping and receiving of all materials.
- Assist the Warehouse Manager in maintaining inventory.
- May assist in the preparation of and/or conduct time studies to maximize work efficiencies. Work with employees to maintain order of warehouse and safety practices all the time.
- Receive and process warehouse stock products (pick, unload, label, store). Report any discrepancies in shipping and receiving with warehouse manager.
- Follow quality service standards and comply with procedures, rules and regulations by corporate and federal regulations.
- Participates actively in department team and all-staff meetings.
- Minimum 2-3 years warehouse lead/assistant experience
- Forklift experience
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to make quick decisions and solve problems
- Excellent communication skills with both management and employees
- Operates with a sense of teamwork
- Class A License a HUGE + but is not required
The job duties require bending, reaching, and standing for periods of time. Utilize visual acuity to operate equipment and read technical information. Required to lift, push, and carry items. Continually work near moving warehouse equipment and will be exposure to outside weather conditions heat or cold.
· Competitive Pay
· 401k & Pension Program
· 10 Paid Company Holidays per Year
· Vacation & Sick Pay
· Great Company Culture
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $19.00 to $21.00 /hour
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Warehouse: 3 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply