Do you aim high? Are you genuinely helpful? Are you looking for a place where you can make a difference, receive ongoing support and training, and build a rewarding, long-lasting career? Then you may be a good fit for FirstService Residential, North America's foremost property management firm. We're all about our associates, and as we continue to grow, we're looking for even more quality people who share our dedication to doing what's right, improving residents' quality of life, building great relationships and truly making a difference for their clients, their colleagues and themselves. Is that you? If so, we think you should get to know us.
Perform functions to manage, direct and provide leadership to an assigned property and book of business.
Ensure property is maintained and operated in accordance with company objectives and facilitate solutions to
problems between communities and internal support staff, guided by precedent and working within the limits
of established policies.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Provide management and leadership to assigned property and book of business. Collaborate with
Regional Director to develop goals and communicate established goals. Ensure the goals and needs of the
property, company and its customers are consistently met.
2. Manage the functions of a team within a property while maintaining standards of excellence for
processes, methods and personnel. Manage the process improvement and quality control of the property
and ensure quality resident service is delivered. Assign and review the work of staff, ensure deadlines are
met in a timely manner and prioritize and delegate workload as necessary. Align resources to work
assignments and processes to meet business requirements. Provide leadership and direction and assist in
the investigation and resolution of internal and external problems and concerns.
3. Partner with Regional Director, Board of Directors and internal departments to develop and lead the
introduction and integration of new programs, services and initiatives. Act as liaison to ensure quality
service is delivered, that Board expectations are met and to assist in prompt response and resolution to
questions/problems. Establish and maintain a positive relationship with homeowners, Board of Directors
and internal departments to ensure a high level of resident service and achievement of company and
property goals and objectives.
4. Maintain knowledge and understanding of the contract between the association and FirstService
Residential. Ensure all contractual obligations are being met.
5. Initiate contact with new resident representatives to coordinate the move-in process. Conduct an
introduction and orientation to the management staff and building, reviews available services, and explain
the communities' rules and regulations.
6. Conduct site inspections regularly. Identify deficiencies and provide recommendations and action plans in
order to improve the property. Process and manage violations and close them out regularly.
7. Process architectural control applications and close them out in a timely manner.
8. Oversee all construction projects and ensure property maintenance/improvement and other related projects
are completed on time and within budget. Maintain open communication and provide timely action updates
to the Board and residents.
9. Create, maintain and upload a wide variety of information in FSRConnect including but not limited to work
orders, signed meeting minutes and Monthly Management Report. Fulfill all company Connect compliance
expectations throughout the year.
10. Interview, select, recommend, hire, train and schedule assigned staff. Ensure proper coverage and staffing
levels. Provide direction to staff and assist in the investigation and resolution of problems. Recommend
personnel actions, promotions, transfers, terminations, or disciplinary measures. Manage the Performance
Evaluation process of assigned unit and provide leadership, counseling and coaching to associates.
Maintain harmonious associate/employer relations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities (Cont.)
11. Oversee training and cross training programs and ensure all direct and indirect associates are aware of and
comply with company, government and customer regulations, policies, work procedures, instructions and
deadlines. Participate in training programs and webinars as required.
12. Observe safety standards and participates in the Company's efforts to provide a safe work environment.
Conduct periodic safety meetings and ensure staff is trained and educated on safety procedures. Adhere to
and maintain established Hurricane procedures.
13. Address Worker Compensation incidents according to company policy.
14. Maintain calendar of meetings and events and initiate and /or attend a wide range of internal and external
meetings. Prepare and conduct a wide range of presentations as needed.
15. Provide financial support with a wide range of functions. Review financial statements and report
variances; submit invoices to CAS in a timely manner and review invoices/checks for accuracy before
presenting to the BODs.
16. Recommend and manage the budget for the functional area of responsibility. Monitor expenses, initiate
cost reduction programs and negotiate prices with vendors. Ensure property expenses are maintained
17. Monitor vendor contracts regularly, submit renewal/cancellation notices, manage contract renewals
professionally and advise Regional Director of any upcoming insurance renewals or lapse in coverage.
18. Prepare bid comparison analysis and prepare and uses the Request for Proposal for bid solicitation.
19. Maintain awareness of changes in rules, statutes or regulations and communicate changes to staff. Direct
training of staff when new procedures are required to comply with changes.
20. Update Association communications and ensure current information is displayed on the association boards
and website. Prepare association newsletter and/or other communication with owners and residents as
21. Participate in the development of Standard Operating Procedures and maintain existing procedures.
Review processes and ensure they are in compliance with current statute. Manage the communication and
compliance of SOPs within teams, managers and internal and external customers.
22. Prepare, maintain and submit a wide range of reports, contract lists, presentations, documents and manuals
23. Maintain accurate records, files and communications pertinent to the Association and maintain up to date
equipment maintenance logs and emergency shut off procedures book.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
1. Work schedules and working hours are determined by business and client needs and may be modified by
FirstService at any time, and such modification may include extended hours and weekend, evening, and
holiday hours. FirstService will accommodate sincerely held religious beliefs and practices that may
conflict with work schedules and working hours if such accommodation would not impose an undue
hardship on business operations. Requests for such accommodation should be made to Human
2. Conduct business at all times with the highest standards of personal, professional and ethical conduct.
3. Perform or assist with any operations as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules. Notify
supervision of unusual equipment or operating problems and the need for additional material and
4. May participate in any variety of meetings and work groups to integrate activities, communicate issues,
obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new
developments, requirements, policies, and regulatory guidelines.
5. Ensure all safety precautions are followed while performing the work.
6. Follow all policies and Standard Operating Procedures as instructed by Management.
7. Perform any range of special projects, tasks and other related duties as assigned.
Directly or indirectly supervise associates within the assigned property.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field from an accredited college or university, and three years
experience in Property Operations, Hospitality or Construction; or equivalent combination of education and
experience. Must be certified and licensed by the State of Florida for Community Association
Knowledge, Skills & Proficiencies
· Knowledge and ability to apply Florida Statutes and Community's documents.
· Knowledge of assets, cash balance, and availability of funds for projects and cash flow management for
· Excellent organization, motivation, leadership, management and interpersonal skills.
· Critical thinking, complex problem solving, judgment and decision-making ability.
· Ability to apply a comprehensive knowledge of particular field of specialization to the completion of
· Excellent customer service skills
· Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate and provide guidance to all
· Strong presentation skills
· Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures, leases and/or regulations
· Must have a strong work ethic and be detail-oriented with excellent organizational and multitasking skills.
· Must have strong proficiency in Windows and Microsoft Office, including but not limited to Word,
Excel, Power Point and Outlook. Proficiency researching the Internet. Previous experience with financial
and accounting programs preferred.
· Ability to work with sensitive or confidential information.
· Demonstrated experience managing large, complex accounts or projects. Ability to meet deadlines and
work well under pressure.
· Ability to work well in a team environment as well as independently. Must be self-driven with the ability
to identify, plan and prioritize business opportunities.
· Knowledge of mechanical operations of a building and equipment preferred.
· Ability to respond to emergency situations within established timeframe
· Ability to adjust to changing circumstances.
Tools & Equipment Used
Computer and peripherals, standard and customized software applications and tools, and usual office
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
This position works under usual office conditions. The associate is required to work at a personal computer as
well as be on the phone for extended periods of time. Must be able to stand, sit, walk and occasionally climb.
The incumbent must be on call at all times and able to work extended and flexible hours and weekends as
needed. Physical demands include ability to lift up to 50 lbs. The incumbent must be able to detect auditory
and/or visual emergency alarms.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to
successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work may involve some driving/traveling to various sites.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associate
within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and
qualifications required of associates assigned to this job. This is not an all-inclusive job description; therefore, management has the
right to assign or reassign schedules, duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Referral Program
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Insurance